LegacyGT.com

What are you eating/drinking right now?

-TT-

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah hoagie is ok in philly.

grinder is the worst, but wedge is a close 2nd :lol:[/quote

Grinder :lol::lol::lol: Thats all they are called here in Mob Island.

I was in Jersey and ordered a grinder, they threw me out! :lol:

Ham and Swiss grinder on a torpedo roll, fruit salad and a a chocolate milk just went down the shute here.

Guest JessterCPA
I pronounce it "g-eye-row." No idea if that's correct and wouldn't really care if it is wrong anyway. I never eat those things.

You are missing out my friend. Good Gyros are awesome

water + banana

Was somebody drinking last night?;)

Sounds like what I have the morning after a big bender.

Falafels and Gyros are awesome. I could probably eat falafel most days.

Hero?!?!?! You mean Gyro ;)

Around here, its usually a Sub; occasionally a Hoagie

If directed towards my wife, its: "Go make me a sammich, woman"

No a Gyro & a Hero are 2 totally different things

Lots of people around here call Gyro's "Yeee-rohs!"

My cousins are greek & that's the proper way to pronounce it.

I've been craving a gyro

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Quite the ethnic lovefest here :lol:

Just wolfed down roast beef and swiss on a wheat ciabatta, been eating that every day at lunch. :)

Hey! Coxx-SEE! since when is it correct Eyetalian to drop the last vowel? That is a NY Italian thing right? Not how they speak it in the old country is it? I thought the last vowel was always pronounced. That's why it is there. That's what it said in my old Berlitz phrase book anyway. :spin:

lamb or beef?

lamb of course ;)

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Quite the ethnic lovefest here :lol:

Just wolfed down roast beef and swiss on a wheat ciabatta, been eating that every day at lunch. :)

Hey! Coxx-SEE! since when is it correct Eyetalian to drop the last vowel? That is a NY Italian thing right? Not how they speak it in the old country is it? I thought the last vowel was always pronounced. That's why it is there. That's what it said in my old Berlitz phrase book anyway. :spin:

WTF do I know? I'm American :lol:

Had a huge Gyro craving last week, which was satisfied. Yum.

The craving this week was Indian food. So thats what is for dinner; been looking forward to it all day.

I guess we know what you will be doing for most of tomorrow :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I love indian food but greek is next on the menu after tonight. I gotta have gyro

Guest heightsgtltd
I hate it when people say Gyro like hero (though I think thats technically correct). It GY-ro; dammit!!

It's actually pronounced Yeero

Guest heightsgtltd
because that's how it's pronounced :lol:

I hate when people say "matzohrellah". There aint no matzoh involved in it :lol::lol::lol:

Maybe that's what Italian Americans say, it sure as hell isnt what Italians call it :lol: :lol:

Archived