LegacyGT.com

Recommended % tint

XtaC

Keep your eye out for me on the cape this summer. maybe. Im doing 32% all the way around on my....get this. 98LGT sedan with a WRX swap and yes...I will be rocking it out with the WR Blue. I can't wait to rock out the old school. I think the 32% will look sweet with the WR Blue.

This is what I hope it will look like. And before...

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2055/127/16/1083715626/n1083715626_30219128_6400.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2182/127/16/1083715626/n1083715626_30245678_9647.jpg

rocking out in the legacy :)

I got 45% all around (combined with factory tint makes close to 35% i guess) in that group tint and I really like it. the car looks smoked rather than blacked out. my car is registered and inspected in RI and the limit is 70% all around, so it's going to be interesting come inspection time.

the car is dirty as hell so when I get a chance to clean it off i'll snap a picture.

VVG: what does this mean? "I live in Boston and wouldn't even look at a car with aftermarket tint: LEA are unamused."

I was at the meet with snow05gtRI and did the same thing 45% which combined with factory is the MA legal at 35%. My Legacy is Newport Blue with tan leather so mine looks ligher than his (black on black) so take that into consideration. My still looks REALLY GOOD (esp compared to stock) but if I were to do it again I would probably go like 5% darker.

http://picasaweb.google.com/havokx9/CarPhotoshootAtTheBeach

took some pictures today at the beach. the ones with the license plate smudged out i did in MSPaint and it compressed the hell out of them (made them 3x smaller in byte size than the image from the camera, and it's already a JPG out of the camera). So tell me if you can tell a difference in the pictures that have an "a" at the end of the name and the couple that don't have an "a" at the end of the name (i.e. IM409a vs IM411)

edit: oh yeah, i ended up driving down the beach in the sand when I was done. the car handled it with no problem, and the sand was pretty loose.

I have 35% on the windows and 20% on the back windshield. Perfect IMO.

Anything higher then 35% isnt even worth doing IMO, 50% looks superlight.

For those asking about the little back window and why you can see the dots. Its because the dots are part of the window and they cant tint over that because it will lift and peel.

• 3 months later...

Just had mine done about a week and a half ago, 35% all around. I love it. To me, it's just right. My Buick has some really dark tint in the back and at night it's actually a problem seeing when backing up. Yeah, it looks good, but it's just too much. Had it done by John at Terry's Auto Glass in Greensburg PA, if anyone in the area's looking for a place. He did an awesome job and the edges are perfect. My neighbor (Whose truck is in the background) is the one who recommended him to me. Was $220 total. I'm not sure if that's bad or good, but for the job he did, it was worth it to me.

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/9898/legacytint.jpg

This is probably the dumbest question in the world.

That being said, here we go. When you say "35% all around" are you tinting the front wind sheild? it doesnt look like it, and i wouldnt think that you would. I just am not totally sure. Please go easy with the critical responses about how stupid this question is. :redface:

This is probably the dumbest question in the world.

That being said, here we go. When you say "35% all around" are you tinting the front wind sheild? it doesnt look like it, and i wouldnt think that you would. I just am not totally sure. Please go easy with the critical responses about how stupid this question is. :redface:

yeah AFAIK can't tint the windshield unless for medical reasons, besides that strip on the top. although i did see one dood (some truck guy) tint his to 40% or something and he said driving in the dark took some getting use to. sounds dangerous to me.

I'm getting that stupid tint strip removed from the top of the windshield and getting 20% or 30% for the entire windshield. Need to research it more.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Archived