LegacyGT.com

Recommended % tint

XtaC

Hi all,

New to the forum and want to tint the windows on my 08 legacy. I know MA law says no less than 35% but wanted suggestions (dont want it to look bad/ attract too much attention from those fine Massachusetts state troopers :lol:).

Car is gray with black interior - was thinking 45-50% all the way around would do nicely with the dark interior. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi all,

New to the forum and want to tint the windows on my 08 legacy. I know MA law says no less than 35% but wanted suggestions (dont want it to look bad/ attract too much attention from those fine Massachusetts state troopers :lol:).

Car is gray with black interior - was thinking 45-50% all the way around would do nicely with the dark interior. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

How long do you intend to keep it? I live in Boston and wouldn't even look at a car with aftermarket tint: LEA are unamused.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Thank you everyone for your tips. I dont want to go too dark because my friend tinted his Audi (dont know the %) and he complained about backing up at night. I do plan on keeping my car for a while.

Had my last car for 10 years. My trusty metal sled ('91 volvo 240) finally died on me at 360 K miles.

Totally unrelated: Just saw a Subaru commercial on TV and I wanted to cut my heart out with a spoon. They annoy me to the core!

LEA?

Guest heightsgtltd
Good luck finding someone to install 50%. I gave up. No one would even order it. It was 35% or nothing since that was the most popular.

If you find a place that carries ceramic (huper optik) tint you can get 50 or 60 percent like I did which does a great job cutting down on heat and damage to the interior, is darker than stock and doesnt attract attention from the popo

It is a bit more expensive but to me it was worth it.

If you find a place that carries ceramic (huper optik) tint you can get 50 or 60 percent like I did which does a great job cutting down on heat and damage to the interior, is darker than stock and doesnt attract attention from the popo

It is a bit more expensive but to me it was worth it.

Thanks for the tip. If I ever have money to spend on my car again, I'll keep this in mind.

yeah solar solutions.

um. i think the darker interior makes whatever tint you get darker than it actually it. i got taupe, so it doesn't look so dark (as compared to ryouske or rice_rocket), but it's 35% :)

really? lemme see!

well i guess technically, they should look exactly the same :lol:

i looked at all the windows today. didn't really notice anything. maybe some small bubbles in the back, but they were still hard to see. the two small rear windows look ok to me. 3-5 days they said, if i can recall. tint looks good imo, and i'm glad i didn't get any darker. sun was shining today and it definitely helped.

what am i lowered on? hmmm. nothing? as far as i know, the car was completely stock when i got her. :iam: so far, just added sways and the tint and the AP.

Hmmm it looks a lot lower than mine was when it was stock and now I'm lowered on cobbs... hmmm maybe the previous owner did some lowering? :iam: I dunno I just have an outline all around the rear and back windows... hope its just the drying process.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/Ryutsuki/legacysidewarm.jpg

interesting. are you gonna be at the meet this sat? then we can compare tint and ride height. :p

i'll have to see this outline you're talking about too. i don't think i have this outline.

Hmmm it looks a lot lower than mine was when it was stock and now I'm lowered on cobbs... hmmm maybe the previous owner did some lowering? :iam: I dunno I just have an outline all around the rear and back windows... hope its just the drying process.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/Ryutsuki/legacysidewarm.jpg

Archived