LegacyGT.com

Advice-V52 upgrade or Evo

:lol:

think it is as quiet as a stock LGT on the highway at 70?

is it a more comfortable (read:softer) ride than a stock 07 STi (I am familiar with that)?

Couldn't live with the STi as a dd and I'm doubting I could live with the Evo as a dd either though your comments give me hope...

Thanks

Yes its just as quiet

Yea i dont like stock Sti suspension

Give it a shot and see. Drive Both a gsr and MR

The MR's have a Bistien setup on them stock

and their flappy paddle shifters are super cool

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still not #1?

we are time attack CO-Grand champions in case you forgot

The Evo hasnt even been IN competition this year (only ran superlap last year where a wheel got bent and ended the session)

Seems to me that we ARE #1

Tyler has #1 this year (number plate)

we have #0 and #00 (hehe)

With an EVO X or another model EVO for that matter. I hear all this talk about EVO's superior platform but have yet to see them materialize on the track in a consistent manner. I just see a bunch of subies in that pic:lol:

OK - so I went to test drive the Evo today. As I drive by the dealership, I see the car outside...with hood up...trunk open...battery charger nearby. As it turns out, the battery was dead. When they got it going, it threw some CELs . Long story short - no test drive - they need to order a new battery and who knows what else....

I may make another attempt to test drive it in a few weeks. However, I did the walk around and sat in it. The seats are comfy and supportive BUT because they do not adjust height wise and I am a short fella (5'6") I do not think I could be comfortable driving the car. I love my seating position in Pearl (I have the seat set very high).

I am curious enough about the ride quality and performance that I may go back and drive it anyway. But, the interior quality (or lack thereof) and seating position may be a dealbreaker for me. They seem anxious to unload it and was told they would do whatever was necessary to do so. Could probably make a very good deal on it. It would be interesting to know what CELs it threw..

I'm inclined to upgrade Pearl and run her till the cows come home.....and then get a 335xi and a PROcede sometime down the road...

05 SWP Legacy GT Limited (aka "Pearl")- 5MT AP - Stage 2 Protuned (238/284) - wife driven

07 BMW 335xi

If the comfort of havign a adjustable seat up and down means that much too you i really dont think this is the car for you. You see things like that as a bad thing instead of a good way to save weight. Its reasons like this i woudl stick if the lgt if i were you. But im not you so i would upgrade lol

• 1 month later...

OK wait.... let me get this straight....:spin:

You went to a dealer which would obviously have a full blown tech shop.

You wanted to drive the most expensive car they sell on the lot... but they could not start the car for you?

When they did start the car it threw a bunch of CELs and they were scared to let you test drive it. :lol::eek::lol:

Sounds like a MITSU dealer to me. :)

That's why Subaru, Toyata, and Honda are the world's most reliable cars.

And my Subaru was made in the U.S.

I will stick with my car for a LONG time.

I have realized that with the time, effort, and money I have put into this car it has much more value than I could ever get from selling it.

I will keep it until the chassis starts to fall apart. :)

In California that could be a LONG LONG time.

IT reminds me of a friend I had in high school.

He always wanted to race me in his 430 HP Mitsu Eclipse.

I think this was rigth before the first EVO came on the scene.

(1998) He thought his car was the fastest thing on earth.

One night I finally met up with him with my 1989 saleen mustang.

My car only had 225 stock HP and was almost 10 years old!!!!!

Compared to his near new Mitsu.

I felt so bad afterwards because I beat him by a clear 5-6 car lenghts.

It wasn't even close.

Of course the next day I got the story that something was wrong with the car. The gaskets had blown or something wasn't right.

Hey, I loved the 3000GT back in the day. It's style was ahead of its time. But from that day forward I decided that if I bought a MITSU it would be to play a DVD not to drive me around reliably.

:hide:

when I bought my car brand new I got great service and they literally rolled out the red carpet and took off the dealer doors as the car I wanted to drive was INSIDE. Drove it right out the front door with 6 miles on the clock. 60,000 miles and 3.5 years later. Still lovin it every day!

OK - so I went to test drive the Evo today. As I drive by the dealership, I see the car outside...with hood up...trunk open...battery charger nearby. As it turns out, the battery was dead. When they got it going, it threw some CELs . Long story short - no test drive - they need to order a new battery and who knows what else....

I may make another attempt to test drive it in a few weeks. However, I did the walk around and sat in it. The seats are comfy and supportive BUT because they do not adjust height wise and I am a short fella (5'6") I do not think I could be comfortable driving the car. I love my seating position in Pearl (I have the seat set very high).

I am curious enough about the ride quality and performance that I may go back and drive it anyway. But, the interior quality (or lack thereof) and seating position may be a dealbreaker for me. They seem anxious to unload it and was told they would do whatever was necessary to do so. Could probably make a very good deal on it. It would be interesting to know what CELs it threw..

I'm inclined to upgrade Pearl and run her till the cows come home.....and then get a 335xi and a PROcede sometime down the road...

HB Speed is making me want to look at some EVO X's :)

Why because both of their tuned EVO X's lost to an STI and much older EVO's in the first Redline Time attack of year?

But who knows.... Their is a lot of racing and tuning to be done. It seems that it will take some more tuning for thier EVO X's to be competitive in their class against the STI and older EVO's. Decent start but not what I was expecting from what was said here and amount of work HB speed puts into their cars and considering they are last years champions.

AMS modified gates331.com/AMS EVO X did well(first in class) but to have a pretty much stock GT-R post a lap time within a 3 seconds of their car, must of have had them rethinking platform choice, effort and money spent. The upcoming unlimited AMS car still has a lot of development to do to catch up or compete with the Subies in the Unlimited AWD class. The GST impreza looks interesting and they are really getting into aero work.

OK wait.... let me get this straight....:spin:

You went to a dealer which would obviously have a full blown tech shop.

You wanted to drive the most expensive car they sell on the lot... but they could not start the car for you?

When they did start the car it threw a bunch of CELs and they were scared to let you test drive it. :lol::eek::lol:

Sounds like a MITSU dealer to me. :)

That's why Subaru, Toyata, and Honda are the world's most reliable cars.

And my Subaru was made in the U.S.

I will stick with my car for a LONG time.

I have realized that with the time, effort, and money I have put into this car it has much more value than I could ever get from selling it.

I will keep it until the chassis starts to fall apart. :)

In California that could be a LONG LONG time.

IT reminds me of a friend I had in high school.

He always wanted to race me in his 430 HP Mitsu Eclipse.

I think this was rigth before the first EVO came on the scene.

(1998) He thought his car was the fastest thing on earth.

One night I finally met up with him with my 1989 saleen mustang.

My car only had 225 stock HP and was almost 10 years old!!!!!

Compared to his near new Mitsu.

I felt so bad afterwards because I beat him by a clear 5-6 car lenghts.

It wasn't even close.

Of course the next day I got the story that something was wrong with the car. The gaskets had blown or something wasn't right.

Hey, I loved the 3000GT back in the day. It's style was ahead of its time. But from that day forward I decided that if I bought a MITSU it would be to play a DVD not to drive me around reliably.

:hide:

when I bought my car brand new I got great service and they literally rolled out the red carpet and took off the dealer doors as the car I wanted to drive was INSIDE. Drove it right out the front door with 6 miles on the clock. 60,000 miles and 3.5 years later. Still lovin it every day!

So your seriously telling us that a 430hp eclipse lost to a 89 225hp mustang. Yeah right, something was wrong with the dsm or he was just telling you it had 430hp. A 300hp dsm would roll out on a 89 mustang of any type

Actually he said his friend's eclipse.... but either way. I think that was a dumb thing to say.. obviously the guy was lying or did indeed have problems. My 1995 Eclipse GSX had 370whp on a local dyno.. and I could run 11's all day without race gas.

Big BS .. :)

Actually he said his friend's eclipse.... but either way. I think that was a dumb thing to say.. obviously the guy was lying or did indeed have problems. My 1995 Eclipse GSX had 370whp on a local dyno.. and I could run 11's all day without race gas.

Big BS .. :)

+1, the 225hp mustang was a mid 14 second car with a good driver, he would have beat the stang by bus lengths if it really had 430hp.

What about all else that makes the LGT a good buy?

I have a Spec-B and wouldn't trade it for any EVO unless I took track days much more seriously.

I understand their potential but I didn't buy the Shrek with that mindset. That just wouldn't make sense. If I thought that way I may have bought into the new STI, I don't know. LGT buyers for the most part aren't cross shopping EVO's. They are usually people satisfied with 310whp and decent track times.

I may someday track more seriously but todays goal is to have an awesome GT car.

I have just that in an 08 with NAV, alcatara seats, etc. etc. and soon with a modest VF52, headers, inj, fuel pump, inlet, cai, clutch, full suspension, Brembos, etc. it will be a great ride.

Speaking of ride, what I'd do is search for a 2009 Spec-b, with the Harmon-Kardon sound, and more color options...that with KW coilovers that when dialed down are very comfy...(firm them up for weekend fun) only way to go.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

Archived