LegacyGT.com

Introducing my SVX...

It looks like there's finally going to be a break in the winter weather tomorrow and I should be able to get my first 1/4 mile runs for '05 in at Richmond Dragway...

Here's shooting for the 14's!

-CD

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...arrived around 10:30am and left at 4pm and only got 2 runs in! The announcer in the tower said they had their biggest street car turn-out ever!!!

Improved on my best from last season (15.327 @ 89.54mph) and ran two back-to-back 15.291 @ 91.0 mph.

Attached a pic of one timeslip.

-CD

P.S. I have to do a brake band adjustment as my 1-2 shift occurs at the 6750rpm fuel cut (normally 6500rpms), which is causing a severe drop-off in power, before the upshift occurs. Faster times will be coming shortly. Inching ever so closely to the 14's... :cool:

1914222778_15.291@91.00mph.jpg.3c3f31f5f432b19f7a31eb55301db1ae.jpg

Update:

The reason my 1-2 shift was hitting against the fuel cut, was due to a brake band that is on the way out (currently have no 2nd or 4th gears)... The cost to replace it exceeds the cost of a used low mileage trans, so I'll be upgrading from my current Impreza 4.11 gears to 4.44 gears from a '96/'97 Legacy Outback!:cool:

This is the most extreme gearing that Subaru offers and is also used in the USDM Forester XT.

I'll be ordering the trans and matching rear diff Monday, and by next Sunday I should be driving around on my new gears...

Still can't believe I went 15.291 on a slipping trans. Hopefully in 2-3 weeks, I'll post my new 1/4 mile times on the shorter gears!

-CD

Does that mean you will be going to a 5sp tranny? :cool: Or, did I miss something earlier that said you already had that va. the stock auto trans?

No 5spd. Just a 4EAT from '97 2.5L Legacy Outback. Ordered the trans and rear diff today. Should be in my car within the next 2-3 weeks tops! :cool:

I just mentioned the Forester XT as an example of one of the only other Subarus to offer this extremely short gearing!:)

-CD

That is one purdy SVX! Great times for an auto. How do the Magnaflows sould? Ive been searching for a setup that is deep, isnt raspy, and doesnt drone. I know it sounds good on an EJ25. I sold my SVX to my parents so I could get the LGT but I made them swear they would never get rid of it. I still like to tinker with it though.

Jim

That is one purdy SVX! Great times for an auto. How do the Magnaflows sould? Ive been searching for a setup that is deep, isnt raspy, and doesnt drone. I know it sounds good on an EJ25. I sold my SVX to my parents so I could get the LGT but I made them swear they would never get rid of it. I still like to tinker with it though.

Jim

Thanks! :)

I've installed a single 2.5" inlet, dual 2.25" outlet Camaro muffler from Magnaflow along with some cool 3.5" stainless oval tips. Sounds great - some people use a high flow resonator in place of the restrictive stock unit to keep the sound nice and mellow (I just deleted the entire thing).

Can't wait for the 4.44's. My 60ft times should drop to the 2.0 sec range afterwards...

-Chike

• 1 month later...
we're still waiting, chike. or did you forget about this forum when you decided to get a forester 2.5xt instead? :D

Is that you Shelfy? :D

Seriously, I haven't forgotten this forum, but my 4.44 trans swap has just been delayed for a couple months now. I should hopefully have everything completed within the next 1-2 weeks and then head back to the track.

In terms of the second Subaru I add to my collection, I'm starting a new job at the end of May which will give me greater freedom in deciding which car I go with next. I love the FXT, Legacy 2.5GT...but who knows, STI won't be out of the question! ;)

Either way, it will be a Subaru!:cool:

-Chike

Is that you Shelfy? :D
how could you have ever guessed? i finally decided to take the plunge and waste more time on another forum. plus it sounds like i may actually have an opportunity to meet with other LGTers since the SVXers are lame in colorado. :)

how could you have ever guessed? i finally decided to take the plunge and waste more time on another forum. plus it sounds like i may actually have an opportunity to meet with other LGTers since the SVXers are lame in colorado. :)

Hooray! Shelfy finally joined the Legacy forum! Have you taken any more pics of your ride yet?

what do you think? :(

I'm confused Ken??? Did you post new pics of your 2.5GT somewhere? I still see the original 2 pics in your locker over on the SVX network.

The regal blue looks sweet, but it would be nice to see pics of your car outside in the sun... :)

-Chike

I'm confused Ken??? Did you post new pics of your 2.5GT somewhere? I still see the original 2 pics in your locker over on the SVX network.

The regal blue looks sweet, but it would be nice to see pics of your car outside in the sun... :)

no, i haven't taken pics yet. apparently winter isn't over yet and then i will need a kitchen pass so i can wash it and take some pics. i am hoping it will happen some time in month of may. :)

what is this SVX you all are speaking of? :D

Chike, have you driven a LGT yet? i'm glad i got it over the STi - it does a lot of things very well, where the STi is kind of a one trick pony.

if the LGT is still under consideration, you may want to get one soon - 2006 GT's get the Limited package standard i believe, and i know you'd want the lighter weight cloth seats and no sunroof.... ;)

what is this SVX you all are speaking of? :D

Chike, have you driven a LGT yet? i'm glad i got it over the STi - it does a lot of things very well, where the STi is kind of a one trick pony.

if the LGT is still under consideration, you may want to get one soon - 2006 GT's get the Limited package standard i believe, and i know you'd want the lighter weight cloth seats and no sunroof.... ;)

You're a funny guy Alan. ;)

The 2.5GT, FXT and an '04 STI are all in my consideration. I won't be getting rid of my SVX though...it'll have to be pried away from my cold dead fingers someday! ;)

I can't get my next car anytime soon as we're closing on a house in 3 weeks, plus my wife really needs an SUV badly. Her 4 door Lancer is way too small for our family car.

Hopefully by the late Spring or Summer of '06 I'll be able to get my next car. I'm starting to lean towards picking up a 23-24K STI, to go head-to-head with some of those arrogant Evo owners who think their cars are unstoppable at he drag strip...:p:cool:

-Chike

Well it's confirmed...after a two month break from drag racing, my 4.444 trans will go into my car this weekend and I should have some 1/4 mile times within the next 1-2 weeks! :)

depending on what i hear from the dealer tomorrow, you might have to share all you know about tranny swapping, chike. :(

I'll be more than happy to Ken. I guess your '92 SVX is having a few issues? Svxfiles will be doing my swap (I'll be the assistant), so I'm sure he'll be able to lend some advice as well... :)

-Chike

no turbocharging, supercharging! it looks like it would be really easy to do, plumbing wise

It's not super straight-forward, but it can be done with these cars. There's a s/c kit using a whipple screw type supercharger that runs for $6,250.00 which is just too much loot for me to plop down at this point.

I want to keep my SVX n/a (love the sound of the EG33) and I'll eventually add an '04 FXT (most likely choice at this point). The SVX will be my daily driver, while the FXT will be my weekend whip! :cool:

-Chike

The transmission swap was a success and I now have a '97 Legacy Outback 4spd automatic and rear diff in my car. The shorter gearing really makes the car get up to speed quickly and I can't wait to get back to the track soon! :)

-Chike

First off, it was cool to meet up with itr_eg at Virginia Motorsports Park tonight. His silver 5spd 2.5 LGT was awesome and posted some quick times!:cool:

The temps this evening hovered in the mid 60's with a pretty high humidity level. These were my first runs on 4.44 gears following the succesful trans swap last weekend.

After passing tech...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/26290.jpg

I waited in the Staging Lanes with itr_eg and his girlfriend...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/26291.jpg

until it was time to race...

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/26292.jpg

I still have a little tweaking to do on my launch, but my best run of the night was a 15.063 @ 91.27mph with a 2.13 60ft:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/files/Chiketkd/26294.jpg

-Chike

P.S. If I was able to let my intake manifold cool down, I know I could have run a 14.8-14.9 tonight. I guess that's for next time...:rolleyes:

Archived