LegacyGT.com

stage 1 1/4 results

AWDxBOOST

first of all...its was humid, so the times are a little slower than i expected

i managed a 14.3 @98.5 when i was stock

last night i hit a 14.0 @100.5 with stage 1

the trap speed is there for a 13.8, and my 60' on the 14.0 was a 2.2.....so my estimate for stage 1 under optimal conditions is about a 13.7-13.8

not sure if that helps anyone, but its about .5 second difference in the car over stock! not bad to me

stage 2 on the way for me, so im not sure if ill get another chance to run with just the stage 1 flash

better tires would yield even better results...they are hamperin the 60'...best i pulled was a 2.02 last night

I couldn't tell anything wrt tires on my first outing:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12372

I never slipped a tire. They were brand-new Exalto PE2s (maybe 60 miles on them). The track had great traction (per my traction-limited friends), but I never spun at all, and got a best of 1.9xx 60' times with a 4-4.5K launch.

I also have a tire/wheel combo that is 3#s less per corner, which may help a teenie bit.

Ron

damn 4k is a hard launch...but yea the lighters rims and tires will help a lot

Actually......it's NOT a hard launch.

I was getting anxious by reading the dragstrip experiences of other LGT owners who do 5K launches, and talk about slipping the clutch.

I was psyching myself out, as on my first three runs (when I didn't get timeslips), I was trying 4-5K launches, and slipping the clutch way too much. Kept hitting the rev limiter in 1st, got clutch smell, and ran mid 14s.

I then relaxed, and learned quickly that it's basically a street start, but with more rpm. You don't snap the clutch out, nor slip it. You just let it up about a fraction quicker than a street start. No clutch smell, and the car takes off.

I even explained it to a buddy of mine. He had never driven an AWD at the strip before, bt he got a 14.1 then a 14.02 on two runs, with a near-2.0-flat 60' on the 2nd run.

Ron

i got a near 2 flat too...but i didnt need to launch above 3500

different track, different conditions :rolleyes:

im seein a little above 17psi with the 93 map

I got 1.986 & 1.983 (see link above).

FW, I don't see the track surface making a difference, as I got no wheel slip at all.

Now, altitude/temp/baro/humidity will matter. As well as the obvious, engine/intercooler temps.

Ron

If you dig through all of the old drag posts, you will see that many folks launch at 5K. I may try it a bit higher next time out. Main trick is the fine clutch release between too slow & too quickly!
Ron

Hey itr_eg,

Any chance you're going back to the track this Friday night? If it isn't raining, I'll be there. Temps should be in the mid 60's again, and I'll hopefully arrive much earlier to allow my intake manifold to cool down - I'll be shooting for the 14's once again!:cool:

nah cant do it tomorrow...sisters graduation! next week tho!

ill have uppipe, downpipe and stage 2 flash in by next friday if everything gets shipped about on time!

it should be here wednesday, and ill install it same day and break in the new map

nah cant do it tomorrow...sisters graduation! next week tho!

ill have uppipe, downpipe and stage 2 flash in by next friday if everything gets shipped about on time!

it should be here wednesday, and ill install it same day and break in the new map

Good luck with those mods!

Looking at the wetaher forecast, I'll be at the track this coming Saturday for the test-n-tune. Next weekend is bad for me as I'll be out of town all week on a business trip in DC.

I'm sure we'll meet up again!

As I've stated before expect

13.6's @ 100+ mph optimal Stage 1

Key word there is optimal. 13.6 out of a stage 1 and I think guys would be jumping for joy. My take is expect to run 13.8's on a stage 1 setup. Sure hope i'm wrong

I feel that 13.80s are easy, and 13.70s could be a norm for my car, with 13.60s under optimal conditions.

I did the 13.904 in 70-degree weather, high humidity, and low barometer, with two other runs in the 13.9xs. With more than five decent runs under my belt (the three before it were mid 14s in practicing the launch), I know that at least another tenth is in my car for driving experience. I also only had 50 miles on the Stage 1 flash, and the car is running better with more miles on it. Throw in some better conditions in the fall (lower temps, higher baro, lower humidity) and I could see squeaking into the 13.60s.

Ron

13.9's have been had stock.

I think Stage 1 knocks .2-.3 seconds off and adds 2-3 mph.

KTM, you are right that most will only see 13.7-13.8 with Stage 1, but

in good conditions high 13.6's are possible.

Even at my crappy track here in northern LA County, I knocked off .3 seconds and added 2.5 mph over what stock LGT's get at this track with Stage 1 (and grippier tires though)

I knocked off .3 seconds and added 2.5 mph over what stock LGT's get at this track with Stage 1 (and grippier tires though)

Heres the big question did you run your LGT in stock trim? What others run are just a general ballpark for guesstimating. This is why I have stock track times and dyno runs to compare my upcoming stage 2 setup. I am going right to stage 2 (Up/Down +EM) and would expect to shred about 4-5 tenths off my stock ET's in similar weather (another parameter I was sure to note on my track outing). This keeps all the apples to apples in perspective as I will be sure to redyno as well. Most use the rule of thumb of 10whp= 1 tenth and a stage 1 setup is good for 20-25whp so right on the money is the 2-3 tenths you mention above. If I wait till the fall I should have a new top mount by then as well!

No, I didn't run it stock at LACR.

But based on what I know of what others got there, and what my dyno plot says and butt dyno does, it was easy to guesstimate that I dropped .2-.3 seconds and picked up

2-3 mph from the Stage 1.

And as you said, you should cut another .2-.3 and pick up another 2+ mph going to a "basic" Stage 2 (up/down pipe and reflash) Panel filter and full exhaust will probably get another .1-.2 and 1+ mph.

Baed on what I saw with one outing on my Stage 1, mid 13s is very doable for Stage 2. I would guesstimate 13.40s under good conditions, wth maybe certain cars squeaking below that. Basd on what i saw, I hopefully expect low 13.70s wth my Stage 1 in good conditions, and maybe a high 13.6x when the sun & stars line up....and/or with one of my buddies who weigh 50#s less than I do drive it!

If my car were a base LGT non-Limited sedan, knock at least a tenth off just for the ~135#s less weight.

Ron

Archived