LegacyGT.com

Clutch Selection

f85stealth

So now my question is: When my 2008 clutch wears out, can I have my (apparently single mass) flywheel re-surfaced and just install an ACT HD clutch that would pair with an 06+ SM WRX Flywheel?

If so, this means that when my clutch goes out it's going to cost alot less to replace, because I can re-use the stock flywheel.

Joe

If all is ture you should be able to get away with that.

"unclemat" did you see this?

I looked on specs website and their clutches only go up to 07 models. But the part numbers are the same for a 05 06 and 07. So are you sure the the flywheel wasn’t changed over in 08+ models? Or is the 07 legacy stock flywheel part number the same as a 06 wrx stock flywheel part number?

LittleblueGT. Dont you have a bulley clutch?

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51912&highlight=bulley+clutch

How do you like it? Is it still going strong. Or did you end up not going with that clutch?

My clutch has about 40k on it. It works very well. It has seen two track days, and one day at the strip. It has never slipped, and it has never chattered, even when new.

I got to take a look at it the other day (transmission fluid leak) when it was out of the car and it looked to be in fine shape.

Ack, I just saw the price of the ACT HD clutch/pressure plate combo. ~$700 for those. Or $250 for a new OEM clutch.

Gonna be hard to convince the wife on that one.

I bet you can find it cheaper if you shop around. I paid $525 for the STI one.

Anyway, I not happy with the decel rattle between 2k-3k. I heard mixed opinions about ACT, and was bit hesitant about them.

Not so many choices for streetable performance clutches.

^

well there you go.

BTW littlebluegt are you on stock dualmass flywheel? Impressive about the no chatter from day one.

They never had a PP and clutch to go with the POJ DMF that we have.

I have an 06 WRX fly, and the stage4 needling bearing PP (clutch pressure is identical to stock) along with their Kevlar clutch.

Oh i see. So then if f85stealth wants to retain the stock DMF with an upgraded clutch his only choice would be spec. But to use an ACT or bulley clutch he will have to change over to the single mass wrx/legacy flywheel.

Apparently Bullyclutch has a PP for the DMF now.

They didn't have one when I got mine 2 years ago.

Apparently Bullyclutch has a PP for the DMF now.

They didn't have one when I got mine 2 years ago.

exactly

Sorry my terminology is bad when im referencing things like the dual mass, im just learnin....

Id be the first one to try the new bully one it seems....

Siegel doesnt like spec clutches for subaru vehicles and I value his opinion so its betwen the ACT or the Bully for me right now.

Archived