LegacyGT.com

Lotus Exige Vs 05 Legacy GT Stage 2.5?

This will be at Englishtown or Atco ofcourse. A girl I'm friends with new boyfriend has Lotus Exige. He claims it's a S but I don't see hoodscoop on roof so it's probably just a standard one.

My lowest time at E-Town is 13.071 and lowest at Atco is 12.894. I think as long as he can't drive I should be fine but may get a intercooler just before this to make sure cause I'm still on stock one.

sounds like "daddy's money bought me this car"
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Yeah will prob be in March or April when they open not sure exactly when they do open. It's possible he took the scoop off because it's been in the teen's here so figured it wasn't needed who knows. I'll def let everyone know when we go it will be amusing for sure.

Why would you remove the hard top panel to replace it with the cloth in winter?

Why is he driving an Exige in Winter?

Why are they driving on R comps in winter?

:spin:

I think this is guy is going to total his car before you get a chance to run:lol:

Why are you pointing to my post? If its his first time at the tack with that car i doubt he will get lower than a 13.5 still stands.

I would also like to know how the fastest lotus on there list is a 06 non s and its trapping 112mph( it says nothing about mods). When the other non s lotus cars trap 99-101 and the only s traps 107. Strange

Why are you pointing to my post? If its his first time at the tack with that car i doubt he will get lower than a 13.5 still stands.

I would also like to know how the fastest lotus on there list is a 06 non s and its trapping 112mph( it says nothing about mods). When the other non s lotus cars trap 99-101 and the only s traps 107. Strange

I'll point to your post if I want to ^ .:rolleyes::)

Just want to show documented times. Way too many variables...track, driver, weather, mods. He could run a 16 second quarter mile if he sucks at driving or he could do really well.

Exactly, im bettign if its his first time at the track with this car hes not gonna get below 13.5 even if he is a good driver. It takes more than 1 or 2 trys to get launching a stick rwd car down. I think my first pass in my T/A i went a 14.4 or something and about a month later and 12 more passes with much practice i was goin 12.7s-13 flat almost everytime. The supra took a whiel to get used too, 517rwhp and i wasnt breaking out of the 13s for many passes, but i was trapping 120-124mph lol. Eventually i got a great pass and went a 11.19 and then they said you dont have a roll cage time to hang it up.

Yeah, the first time i was using goodyear eagle f1s and then i went to hoosier drag radials and still couldnt get out of the 12s because i wasnt launching hard enough. Then i got it down and left at 4400-4800 i believe and was told to stop. All i kept thinking as i was leaving and my front end was coming up was please half shafts dont hate me. I went from my best being a 12.4 to an 11.19 in 1 pass.

^^ 106! Real nice...what are your mods?

- Magowin / 12.894 @ 106.90 / 1.898 60' / ATCO, NJ / 5MT / GT ltd sedan / Crucial UP, PLTek DP, K&N Typhoon, Cobb Pulley, Borla Catback, Custom Tune / 25F Humidity 82% Baro 29.57

Taken from following thread.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21501&highlight=106.90

I no longer have Crucial up and have Megan Racing headers with integrated up in car now. I never went back to track since I put headers in.

Are you sure that's an Exige? That sure as hell looks like an Elise to me. Which would explain why it has a soft top. Exige's are hard top, non-removable only IIRC. I think this dude might just be saying "I've got a Lotus Exige!" because he's not secure enough in his own manhood to say that he's driving a car that has a girl's name, and thinks that "Exige" is a thougher sounding name and that makes him cooler...or has a bigger penis...

Here's the big flick though. In 2005 I took my 50-something year old mom to a one day long beginer autocross school. She did the school and the end-of-day fun runs in her 2001 Saturn L100 (4cylinder 5-spd) sedan. There was a 50-something year old guy there with his brandy new Lotus Elise there for the school as well (first one I'd ever seen IRL). My mom embarrased the guy on every single timed run that day. It was really kinda fun.

It's not the car. The car is just a tool. It's the craftsman that wields the tool that makes the difference.

Oh heres a picture of it.

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v646/85/33/529629702/n529629702_2106687_7748.jpg

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

the car is definitely confused. it has the exige side vents, rear window cover and spoiler but fabric roof from the elise??? i guess the guy could have added that crap to an elise to make it look like an exige? kinda like all the dorks with a 328 who add M3 bumpers...

I don't think the engine cover fits the Elise. That pretty much HAS to be an Exige. The roof panel of the Exige is removable (break lines in the panel at the header and the b-pillar hoop), although I gather, not suggested.

Chances are it is an Exige that has the hard roof panel off, and replaced by a convertible cloth panel from the Elise. The top panel fitment is likely not different, even if the rear bodywork is different.

The B-pillar hoop also looks to have the ridge down the center, for the roof scoop, it is possible that it is still exposed, right at the B-pillar hoop, rather than having the scoop entry on the roof panel. The Elise would not have that ridge down the center at all, and the flying buttress B-pillars are significantly different than the Exige's fastback engine cover fitment.

Still more than slightly bizarre.

As wings go, though, Exige has one of the very best designs. Two center posts, raked way back, and the same curvature as the car's bodywork... very nice. The Lotus Esprit S2's mid-wing was pretty slick, too.

Archived