LegacyGT.com

Lotus Exige Vs 05 Legacy GT Stage 2.5?

I asked him why he has the Roof Scoop of the car and this is what he responded.

"Heat soak is not an issue. You will only see a minor performance hit after 3 or more aggressive track runs, the engine is not at risk at all"

So I guess he's been to the track before with that comment. I'm ordering a Perrin top mount and will most likely go to the new TDC in MA to get protuned again since I haven't been tuned for headers yet either so between the 2 I should see some gains.

That is an Exige S with the soft top conversion. Intercooler actually gets more airflow and it's a fairly common mod for those that like the open top.

The Exige S isn't the 'lowest class Exige' (standard Exige is), but there are variations (Exige S, Exige S 220, Exige S 240, and Exige S 260).

All variations use nearly identical hardware. A simple tune will bring all stock variations of the Exige S to 265 flywheel horsepower as the major difference is the tuning.

That is an Exige S with the soft top conversion. Intercooler actually gets more airflow and it's a fairly common mod for those that like the open top.

The Exige S isn't the 'lowest class Exige' (standard Exige is), but there are variations (Exige S, Exige S 220, Exige S 240, and Exige S 260).

All variations use nearly identical hardware. A simple tune will bring all stock variations of the Exige S to 265 flywheel horsepower as the major difference is the tuning.

thanks for clearing that up!

• 3 weeks later...
In for the gang b... err ... subscription.

Well should be more interesting I just got retuned and got another 20whp so I'm up to 279.7whp now so my times should be better than before if I can get traction. I just hope we can still set it up that girl I know broke up with him. I know him from the club we goto though so if she doesn't talk to him anymore I'll just go up to him and set it up personally next time I see him there.

Archived