LegacyGT.com

RED ROCKS MEET: Sunday March 29th - 11am

BWD

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ I just came down with a cold yesterday... must have been too much shoveling in a t-shirt.

Wonder if we should change our venue... more central like downtown would be cool but maybe not everybody would be reading this thread.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Hey Guys, I should be at the HR24 at 10ish. Broadway and 470 right? Car will likely be dirty as a mo-fo.

Not sure I can make the drive to red rocks though........ lots going on tomorrow, but should be able to slip away for a few from the fam. :)

- Ben

Well guys I was really looking forward to meeting many of you but decided it would be more fun to break my ankle snowboarding at Vail today...

The 2 worst parts:

- I can't drive my new Spec.B for probably a month. I'll swap with my girlfriend and drive her 1998 Dodge Caravan (long story as to why she drives it)

- I was going to Vegas in 3 weeks for a Level 2 Lotus Racing school - yeah, that's out.

Oh well, life goes on - you guys have fun!

I did the 'Seeya' mod to the dipstick o ring so I could more accurately measure my oil level.There was just too much oil pressure and because there is no sealed vacuum from the dipstick with out the o ring it literally exploded everywhere out of the dipstick everywhere on the driver's side of the car, I lost a 1/2 quart in 30 miles of driving with out the o ring. Got to go the dealer and get a new one tomorrow.

lol... it really looked bad.... but good thing it was just the dip stick.... it was nice meetin all u guys.... glad to see most of us from colorado made it... hopefully next time everyone will show up and we won't get kicked out of red rocks :) oh... and for people that may care.... remember the petro stop on parker and quincy that use to sell 93.5 octane?? Well I did some research and they are now off of hampden and broadway... so for anyone interested in doin 93.5 octane its there.... let me know if u guys want the address to that place...

Hey hey now....don't shoot the messenger. I admit, I did not read the O-ring thing in full and feel bad but now that I have.... That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Remove just to check oil then put back on?!?! F'ing idiots.

Sorry about the scare Nick, my bad!

That was the most benign oil leak I've ever seen... even though it looked potentially a helluva lot worse at first! Good to meet you guys.

I read that thread about the dipstick too a while back. I figure that there is a pretty decent margin of acceptable oil level and I don't need to what it is EXACTLY. However, the next time my crankcase is overfilled I know how to blow off the overfill... :lol:

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Archived