LegacyGT.com

can some body try this.

:lol: but your center diff! ;)

i've been crawling down a hill in the snow and tap the brake and the ABS will engage. it's not all about speed.

i would really like to do this ABS on/off switch. at least to experiment in a safe place with no ABS snow driving first to see if the car handles like i would expect it to. then just to have it when it's snowing...

I wasn't in my subie silly ! rental car!

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On/off? - Why not an adjustable ABS while you are at it! :hide:

I hear you, but it works in a digital mannor, and can't realy be desensitized it reads when one tire is turning slower than the others and takes away braking pressure from that wheel..

if you have summer rain tires it will come on right away on ice and with better and better tires it will come on less and less so in a way it is variable but instead of a knob you jsut gotta change your tires!

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I understand that all I have to do is pull a fuse in the engine bay if I want to disable the ABS but it will also disable the cruise...Does this put the car into limp mode and thus reduce the rev limiter?

Is there another way to disable the ABS? I ask because I will be ice racing this weekend and would like to avoid ABS if I can without limiting revs...

I was thinking of ways to remove my pecker with out having all the blood ooze out ...

could some one disconnect their penis and see if it still works .. i am 3000 miles away from my genitals so i can't try it and i'm curious

i have a few other ideas ..

I was thinking of ways to remove my pecker with out having all the blood ooze out ...

could some one disconnect their penis and see if it still works .. i am 3000 miles away from my genitals so i can't try it and i'm curious

i have a few other ideas ..

You have a penis? Could have fooled me :lol:

You must be married if you're 3K miles away...

And thanks Frank_ster, done and done.

• 6 months later...
it doesn't put it in baby mode .. pull the damm fuse .. or disconnect any wheel sensor .. and abs will be disabled

Not to Hijack... If a wheel sensor is disconnected vice pulling the fuse, does the cruise control still work?

Since this thread is old as f**k, I might as well put in my 2 cents.

My braking distance with ABS in a simulated panic stop was extremely dangerous. I went out in about 4 inches of snow, 30mph, and slammed on the brakes. My car didn't stop. Maybe 15-20 seconds went by before it did. This is with snow tires. With the ABS disabled the braking distance was 500% (exaggerating) better. I think I'd rather have the ability to stop than the ability to have 100% control in a panic stop, and not be ABLE to stop.

Some guy found a way to eliminate ABS and keep EBD FYI. Just need to open a wire under the dash. I can find the link if you really want. Or you can :lol:

Okay thanks. I don't think I have EBD on my 05 GT? I was going to start a new thread, but after searching and finding many threads on this I figured I would just use the old threads...

I just want to be able to have cc functional and be able to temporarily bypass abs in a panic situation. I've found that by pulling the fuse for the abs these requirements are not met (although in some vehicles it is).

So what makes the (4th gen) LGT's cc so different from other makes and models?

Archived