LegacyGT.com

another LGT vs WRX (wagon) thread

gsr94

LGT sedan or WRX wagon  

37 members have voted

1. 1. LGT sedan or WRX wagon

• LGT sedan
    • WRX wagon

if everything goes well, i should be parting out w/ my integra and will be looking to join the subaru family. spending some time in this forum, its clear that's a percentage on here that has own both cars. for what im looking for i was wondering if u can help me make a decision. i test drove both cars a couple of times. and i can't make up my mind. here's my criteria.

-single, so i don't really need the extra space right away. altho im pretty generous about giving my friends a ride to whereever.

-money wise, i work out the payment and really its only $50 difference b/w the 2 cars.

-im coming from a lowered integra. so refinement goes along way. also im used to "waiting" for the power. one more thing a lowered white integra w/ an exhaust. im tired of the reving on stop lights or the tailgaiting.

anyways let me kno what u guys think.

thanks in advance.

Well I would rather have a wagon over a sedan, but I don't know the Impreza is cheaper and you can feel it. The Legacy is worth the few extra schillings it costs. Though I'd still about for the wagon, not a fan of the sedan.

Song of Post- Led Zeppelin- DVD 2

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I regretted my WRX the first week I had it. I liked the idea of the turbo and AWD, but didn't really think through what the car was like, particularly on the inside where I spent most of my time with it. I came from a GTP, which has a nice interior, I don't care if you like GM cars or not. I was using the Impretzel to commute 2 hours a day and hated looking at the interior. It felt small and cramped, rode like a buckboard and the plastic had a cheap, hard feel to it. I was really happy when the new LGT/OB came out and knew I wanted one- the formula of the WRX with AWD and turbo, plus the nice interior. I'm 32 and too old for a little car like an Impreza, so your results may vary.

Having recently test drove both, my vote goes to the LGT Wagon. It's a much nicer car to live with IMO. The Impreza wagon is a little too small and doesn't ride as nice. It does look sportier, but that can also mean attracting unwanted attention (street racers).

just realize that the backseat doesnt fold down in the LGT sedan -- meaning that it won't haul large things that you may be able to fit into the WRX wagon.

anyhow - LGT all the way -- MUCH nicer car - plus all the litte features like heated seats / wipers -- etc..

Guest JessterCPA
I initially went to the dealer for a WRX wagon. Walked out with a LGT sedan. Looking back, I probably should have gottent the LGT wagon, bu tmaybe next time.

...just wondering

Why are you comparing the WRX wagon to a LGT sedan and not the apples to apples comparision, WRX sedan to the LGT sedan or wagon to wagon?

I have both...an 02 WRX wagon and an 05 Legacy 2.5i wagon. Turbo power aside, they are both very different cars. I guess it boils down to what you need from a car. Does road noise bother you? Exhaust drone? What kind of Interior comforts do you need? The WRX feels like a go cart and the Legacy doesn't.

my reasoning for picking WRX wagon and LGT sedan, is b/c i see the 2 cars about just right for what im looking for. not too big not too small.

i see the WRX wagon is a hatch back w/ 2 extra doors. (well that's what's its basically is...) the trunk size of the wrx sedan isn't very big plus it doesn't fold down like the LGT sedan. on my 2 test drives, the first time i felt cramp like some of you guys pointed out. the second, the salesperson wasn't w/ us. so i took time to adjust myself (5'8 195lbs) and i was reasonably comfortable. this is a strecth but it feels like my 2dr integra has more room in the back than the WRX wagon. performance, the turbo lag reminds me of a VTEC in terms of "waiting for power." the WRX felt tighter than LGT.

LGT sedan, i think i woke the LGT wagon club or something....hehe. IMO im fickle about the LGT wagon. one day i think its a great sleeper car w/ unlimited versatility then later on i ask myself for being a single (actually super single...that's a thread for off topic) do i really wanna push such a "big/long looking car" i prolly lost some of u guys w/ that one. so i see LGT sedan just right. eventho it does look a lil camry-ish, a black or white one looks super clean. interior LGT hands down. i test drove it twice also and both sometimes i was instantly comfortable. had a lean back/pimpin' kinda feel to it (not a ricer just but some people know what im trying to say.) power is the best highlight. instant power on tap.

pretty much the price is the deciding factor. im making sure the $50 extra month is livable.

I have the LGT Sedan and I love it. I don't like the look of the wagon over the sedan and don't need the extra space (although like you I transport my friends generously).

If you don't mind the extra money, the $50 more per month comes with a lot more upscale features and amenities.

I'm a single, 26y.o., male, my former daily driver is a STS class SC2 and I bought a LGT Wagon. While I will say that the LGT sedan in black is very sexy, there is just somthing mildly "evil" and "slick" about the wagon. I'm also a huge convert to the wonderful practicality of the wagon.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

just talked to my parents. they said they'll help out w/ the car. its not my inheritance or anything i think $2k? maybe it is my inheritance :) but every lil bit helps. that's pretty much the difference w/ a WRX and LGT. so its LGT all the way baby!!

90% sure imma get the sedan. 10% wagon. but i'll test drive both b4 i sign the papers :)

Another 26yr old single guy here with a new LGT wagon. (Oh, I've got a dog, if that counts) I vote LGT wagon. Once you have it, you'll wonder what you did without it.

Seriously, I had (have still actually) a 1st gen Integra 3dr. It is like a little truck, I moved almost my entire dorm room freshman year (save for furniture). I couldn't stand giving up that versatility.

BTW, wagons are "hot" right now, since everyone is beginning to dislike SUVs again. Plus, the panoramic sunroof sold me. That thing is quite a conversation piece.

We have a 2002 WRX wagon, and a 05 LGT sedan. Based on you not wanting to get rev'd on at the light I would say get the LGT. Also the LGT responds VERY well to minor mods, while the 2.0 on the WRX will be a little tougher to get the same power.

I love being able to load all kinds of stuff into my wagon, but I think the LGT is the better platform. LGT wagon-the best of both worlds???

Hmmmm...WRX wagon or LGT sedan. I've actually had both. The only thing I can say is that I like them both equally... for very different reasons. I took the legacy mostly for the amenities and its slick looks. It has dual zone climate control (which is important when you like it cold and your girlfriend does not), a button to heat everything (seats, wipers,mirrors,windows...), nicer materials for the seats and dash and well...pretty much everything. It also drives a lot smoother.

The WRX had a tendency to buck on EVERY shift and throttle lift. It would under no circumstanes gracefully tolerate the a/c being on. But, even though its about equally fast as the legacy...the WRX just felt faster because of the more evident initial turbo lag and then VROOOOOM! The seats were shaped better than the Legacy's. It was ugly, but by God, I loved that car. Mostly, I got rid of it because it has an image problem as being a fast-driving young male's car...so dealer's tend to blame even the most preposterous failures on you.

There have been days I regretted trading in my WRX, even though I know I'd do it again given the opportunity. That being said, I never regretted getting the WRX.

if everything goes well, i should be parting out w/ my integra and will be looking to join the subaru family. spending some time in this forum, its clear that's a percentage on here that has own both cars. for what im looking for i was wondering if u can help me make a decision. i test drove both cars a couple of times. and i can't make up my mind. here's my criteria.

-single, so i don't really need the extra space right away. altho im pretty generous about giving my friends a ride to whereever.

-money wise, i work out the payment and really its only $50 difference b/w the 2 cars.

-im coming from a lowered integra. so refinement goes along way. also im used to "waiting" for the power. one more thing a lowered white integra w/ an exhaust. im tired of the reving on stop lights or the tailgaiting.

anyways let me kno what u guys think.

thanks in advance.

Don't get the WRX,

Here's my old integra

http://www.wardphotography.net/big-blue-dragon/IMG_2647.JPG

I would vote LGT. I went from a 2002 WRX wagon to an Outback XT, and have zero regrets. I drove every incarnation of the 2005 turbos (except, of course, the baja), and it was a pretty easy decision for me. In the real world the LGT (or OBXT) is just as fast, and fun, as my WRX was, and is more comfortable to live with when not playing Mainen. I drive close to 3,000mi ever month, so livability was a big issue for me. The dog likes the OBXT better, too. I'm also a young, single guy, but I live in wagon country (Northern MN), so there's no fraternization penalty for having the bigger car.

Good luck with your choice. You can't go wrong either way.

blue dragon nice ride.

don't get me wrong. i love my integra. is it a small pick up truck. its amazing what u can haul w/ that thing. as much as i complain about feeling pebble on the road, it handles great and transmission is something i'll miss. but the "import scene is getting played out." if i could afford it, i'd keep my teg.

blue dragon nice ride.

don't get me wrong. i love my integra. is it a small pick up truck. its amazing what u can haul w/ that thing. as much as i complain about feeling pebble on the road, it handles great and transmission is something i'll miss. but the "import scene is getting played out." if i could afford it, i'd keep my teg.

Funny that I see a lot of Integra guys in WRX/LGTs now. Given that I have a 500+hp WRX, I still drive my supercharged Integra to work most days. Sure the WRX can run circles around it, but in my case, those are really expensive and loud circles. With a supercharger at 9psi, the Integra is no slouch, and the transmission is about the best I have ever used (except the S2000, which is even better).

None the less, I also have a Legacy GT Wagon, which is very nice.

Jeff Sponaugle

PDXTuning.com

a lil update. found another buyer. extra $200 :o) suppose to drop off the car tom (3/1/05). and heading straight to fitzautomall to order my legacy. the only base LGT sedans they have are in red. but they have a couple of white wagons w/ short shifter, knob and pedals. so tempting. we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived