LegacyGT.com

AP V1 vs V2

GP2001

Hey guys, so I am trying to find out what the main differences are between the V1 and V2 accesports. I have an 05 MT LGT, and I am trying to choose what would be best, get a V1 for around $300 or a V2 for around $500. If anyone can let me know the main difference or just a link would be great!

________

Lincoln-Zephyr

Thanks, the V2 seems much better, however I don't plan on going beyond stage 2, I want to get to mid to low 13's and then leave it be. Its going to be my DD for the next 5 years hopefully, so I am not going to go crazy with mods. Theres a good chance I will even stay just stage 1, I want to start saving money soon rather than put it into the car to be honest. With these goals in mind, is the V1 sufficient for what I want, and then I can just use the extra money towards something else? The V2 is great, but I feel it may be more than I need. Opinions from people who have maybe been in my shoes?

________

Gm Iron Duke Engine Specifications

The v1 will get the job done just fine.

Thanks, my main concerns are 1) Are the tunes in stg1 and stg2 different from the V1 to the V2, aka did Cobb improve the tune in the V2? and 2) Idk how these cars are with knock, but with the V1 I won't be able to read that, and I think with the V2 I can. All I know is my last car (GTP) you HAD to scan for knock with pretty much every mod. I'm scared I will get the V1, for some reason, be knocking, and not know about it and blow it up.:confused:

________

HOW TO USE IOLITE

The tunes are EXACTLY THE SAME.

You can scan with a third party open source tool if you want to (although you will have to buy a cable).

Thanks, stupid question, but by third party open source you mean someone who has software on a laptop right? Or are you talking about someone with a scanguage or something similar.

Oh and I know V1 doesn't have economy mode, in all actuality, how much better is the mpg from the economy mode with the V2?

I hate being so new and having to ask so many questions..damnit,lol Thanks for all the help I REALLY appreciate it.

Neither the V2 or V1 have an economy mode - they both have economy maps that you can load.

You need to do some more research because you are all over the place ;)

Ok I guess I just said it wrong, but the V2 comes with the economy map loaded in, I assume with the V1 it does not have the economy map, but it can be purchased and loaded in seperately?

I tried to do research, I honestly can't find much idk why. I used the search function many times and didn't come up with much unfortunately.

If you know of someplace else I can look that would be great!

________

Active body control

The same maps included with the V2 AP are also available (for free) for the V1 AP including the Valet, Anti-theft and Economy maps. Both of them are functionally the same when talking about the Cobb OTS (Off-The-Shelf) maps. When you get into having your car tuned professionally and having someone make a custom map for you then there are differences. The V1 maps have a smaller size limit than the V2 maps so the tuner may (depending on how many changes to the map are made) have to put all your car's tuning settings into a base map and also into a realtime map to capture everything. With the V2 there is no need to make 2 maps for a tune.

The only other differences between the V1 and V2 are pretty much a matter of cosmetics and convenience. The V2 has a color screen with fancy graphics and it takes less time to flash the ECU than the V1 does. As said above the V2 can now also be used to datalog without the need to purchase a laptop and a new cable.

If you plan on just using the AP for flashing and don't really care about the extra features of the V2 then you might want to look into getting a V1 for cheaper. Just make sure you get the correct V1 for your car. The V2 for '05-'06 cars can be used with any car made in those model years. Each V1 AP is specific to model year and transmission. For example, a V1 AP for an '05 MT can't be used on an '05 automatic.

The same maps included with the V2 AP are also available (for free) for the V1 AP including the Valet, Anti-theft and Economy maps. Both of them are functionally the same when talking about the Cobb OTS (Off-The-Shelf) maps. When you get into having your car tuned professionally and having someone make a custom map for you then there are differences. The V1 maps have a smaller size limit than the V2 maps so the tuner may (depending on how many changes to the map are made) have to put all your car's tuning settings into a base map and also into a realtime map to capture everything. With the V2 there is no need to make 2 maps for a tune.

The only other differences between the V1 and V2 are pretty much a matter of cosmetics and convenience. The V2 has a color screen with fancy graphics and it takes less time to flash the ECU than the V1 does. As said above the V2 can now also be used to datalog without the need to purchase a laptop and a new cable.

If you plan on just using the AP for flashing and don't really care about the extra features of the V2 then you might want to look into getting a V1 for cheaper. Just make sure you get the correct V1 for your car. The V2 for '05-'06 cars can be used with any car made in those model years. Each V1 AP is specific to model year and transmission. For example, a V1 AP for an '05 MT can't be used on an '05 automatic.

Thanks man, I don't really plan on ever having my car tuned beyond the basic map that is preloaded into the AP, just because I don't plan on doing any mods that would require it. Odds are intake, and turboback exhaust are all I would do which should fit into the stage 2 part of the AP. Intake is questionable though, as I don't feel like throwing off the tune and it won't net me much gains at stage 2. Thanks!

Archived