LegacyGT.com

Did anyone buy a lemon?

Lewis63

Finally got my subaru legacy last week. The next day, the car won't start, the battery is dead. I get boosted by my neighbour, then I to the dealership and get the battery replaced. Fine, just a battery could be because the car was parked fo 10 months without moving or something like that. The car was running fine for the next couple of days until...

Yesterday, the car woudln't start. Not because of the battery, the CAA guy says it's the starter! I need to get it towed to the dealership for replacement.

HAs anyone gotten their starter replaced or the wiring redone?

Shoud I be concerned for the quality of my less than 7 days old car?

Also, in Canada, do we have lemon laws? What makes a car a lemon?

Thanks for the input.

The stock battery really doesn't have enough CCA. (Cold Cranking Amps)

Especially in Canada during this time of year, you will notice that problem.

I suggest you find another battery other than OEM, otherwise you are going to run into this problem quite frequently, even if you get it replaced.

I highly doubt the starter has crapped out.

When the battery is weak, it doesn't have enough power to turn over the starter, so you may get that "clicking" sound, making you think that it its on its way or no good.

So this morning the tow truck comes to pick up my car to bring it to the dealership. I don't know if it's amiracle or not but the car started like nothing was wrong.

The tow truck driver (another one) tells me it's probably the battery not the starter and that the other tow truck driver didn't know sqwat about cars...He told me that if the battery is less than 12V then it won't start at all, not even try to start, is this true?

Anyway the car is now at the dealership being cheked out. They apprently checked all the wiring between the starter and the battery. They also checked the ECM for the automatic transmission to see if that was defective in some way (if the gear was not in park, etc...)

They kept it overnight and are going to test it tomorow morning.

Can't wait to drive my car again. The rentel (yaris) sucks big time.

Archived