LegacyGT.com

They burnt the EVERLOVING SH*t out of my clutch...

this is why i never let my car out of my sight when taken to a shop.......

if it is a one day job, i will literally sit there all day from the time i drop it off to when i get it back. watching the techs work on it. and if they need to take it out for a drive for any reason, i always get into the passenger seat.

people these days...

i recently had my tires replaced. while i'm sitting in the waiting room, i hear an engine revving really high, and it sounds an AWFUL lot like a boxer engine... more specifically, MY boxer engine. i take a look outside just in time to see the tech launch my car in the parking lot.

i walk outside and into the garage.

me: "wtf was that about?"

him: "what's the problem, sir?"

me: "i just heard you revving the hell out of my car and SAW YOU launch my car just now."

him: "no, i assure you, it was driven very carefully to the garage."

I go to the manager. Denial denial denial. They did however offer me a free wheel alignment. which i didn't even need.

just can't trust anyone with your car these days...

if it were me, the second i seen him reving the engine... i'd pull out my phone. he launched it... i'd have the upper hand.

hell even if i didn't get a pic/vid of it... i'd be putting my phone in his face and telling him i have it on video. he wants proof he's on camera... sure, after my lawyer draws up the paperwork, your lawyer can view it.

i'm really thinking of putting some sort of rev limited valet mode on the car somehow.

access port install with the I mode as valet mode would be fine... except all it would take is switching it to S or S# to defeat it. needs to be a keylock or something.

Make the ordinary switch a dummy that completely disables the car until you push the hidden reset button and have the real switch hidden.

Combine that with letting the horn go off and various obnoxious things and you will be sure that it never happens again with that mechanic.

453747.png

They will know about it... Its just diffrent telling sombody you know. Its uncomfortable especially when you see the guy watering his lawn in the summer as you jog by everyday.

Donuts through the lawn might be in order...:cool:

This time of year you will rather need an excavator, but why care about a shovel at all in the first place? Just locate an area where there are major predatory animals and do the dump.

My dad always told me that you should never piss off a pig farmer, but that it might be handy to make friends with one :)

Ok, if I said something to piss you off, quote the post and let's discuss it. Your first post in this thread had nothing to do with the topic. Please take your antagonizing BS to where it belongs

don't antagonize me ... your post had absolutely nothing to do w/ the topic, stop polluting the thread

for reference:

go ahead & enlighten me ... or stop w/ your off topic banter. kthx.

quick story.

a friend of mine has a Mazda RX7 R1.

took it to a mazda dealer for some warranty work, dropped it off on Friday night.

picked it up on monday, all was fine.

a few weeks later, he gets a photo ticket in the mail for doing 68 in a 55. in Seattle....

he hasn't been to Seattle in years.

come to find out, the mechanics took a drive over the weekend to seattle in his car... got caught on radar.

the dealer denied it like there's no tomorrow. he pulled out the picture, the passenger was easily recognized as one of the mechanics.

he got a new RX7 from the dealer. they didn't want to go to court.

and 2nd what ehsnils said above. go talk to him first, if you havn't already.

Wow. Another horror story. Good for him on getting a new car out of the deal.

Something similar happened to me a while back when I handed my WRX over to a valet. I was inside the building when I heard a loud revving sound as the valet drove off burning my clutch. When I came out , I asked to get my own car and not have the valet drive my car again. The smell was sickening . Clutched slipped quite a bit as I left. Luckily I have prepaid legal and took matters to them. They sent a letter to the valet . They replied that I needed to provide proof they messed up my clutch. To make a long story short , The clutch in the WRX healed itself (yes they have beefier clutches than ours) so I never pursued it further. Now I am very wary of having anyone drive my car (valet, wife, family etc).

I don't see you bashing him for that post.

I try and fly under the radar, doesn't always work... :lol:

Whitestar, that story is from like 5 years ago. The Dealer is still in business, the two mechanics got fired, the service manager i don't know anything about. The manager that settled the whole thing... still works there.

and get this, It's ALSO one of the 3 Subaru dealers in the area...

will i be taking my LGT there? i think not....

Archived