LegacyGT.com

How do you guys do it? Own a wagon?

Can you say 'special'? Sure ya can.

http://web.mit.edu/vsg/www/vsg/INFO/Pictures/mr_rogers.gif

:lol:

Oh jeepers:lol: Reminds me of a VERY old SNL skit:lol:

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sedans suck! They look silly with bike racks and you can't carry squat with them. I'd much rather have a wagon or a coupe. That said, there is only one four-door sedan that I would want to own, a 1968-72 Mercedes 300 SEL 6.3. :wub:

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2008/02/medium_2250170405_1662637c85_o.jpg

Make mine dark green with a black top though. :)

Why WOULDN'T you want a Wagon?

Where else are you gonna carry 3 dogs? Sure as hell not in the back seat!

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Sedans suck! They look silly with bike racks and you can't carry squat with them. I'd much rather have a wagon or a coupe. That said, there is only one four-door sedan that I would want to own, a 1968-72 Mercedes 300 SEL 6.3. :wub:

http://jalopnik.com/assets/images/gallery/12/2008/02/medium_2250170405_1662637c85_o.jpg

You're an odd man, but then again I always loved Fiat Bravas. :lol:

YUK, give me the sexy gray one on the backgorund.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Unfortunately, in my "neighborhood" the Outback has become an icon of a misguided, dillusional, and often laughable "alternative lifestyle."

I can understand how they are useful and attractive for some people. Not trying to start anything... But I would like to see some more realistic and coherent-minded people behind the wheel of them. It seems that some people who own these wagons are trying to portray a life of great necessity -what with the extra space and AWD- when in reality they are single, own no pets, drive on snow 3 times/year, and carry very little "bagage." Even the people who have a dog or multiple dogs and say that they "need" the wagon for it are laughable. Rock on, though. Outbacks are the only decently styled wagon on the road imo.

Our wagon is for my wife, she likes it well enough, and the extra space is great. It has enabled us to avoid purchasing an SUV, and that suits me just fine. I actually kind of dig the looks of it, if only I could lower it without throwing all the utility out the window.

Unfortunately, in my "neighborhood" the Outback has become an icon of a misguided, dillusional, and often laughable "alternative lifestyle."

I can understand how they are useful and attractive for some people. Not trying to start anything... But I would like to see some more realistic and coherent-minded people behind the wheel of them. It seems that some people who own these wagons are trying to portray a life of great necessity -what with the extra space and AWD- when in reality they are single, own no pets, drive on snow 3 times/year, and carry very little "bagage." Even the people who have a dog or multiple dogs and say that they "need" the wagon for it are laughable. Rock on, though. Outbacks are the only decently styled wagon on the road imo.

Outback....who would drive one of those things. We're talking about Legacy GT Wagon's. Outbacks don't count. They're SUV want to be's.

I have owned a wagon or a hatch back since my 1982 Honda Civic FE. Still own my 1992 Honda Civic Si tough it's a pure race car now. Bought my first Legacy GT wagon in Mar 1998, after going to VT every Winter weekend skiing or Mt biking in the Summer in the Civic. My 00 GT wagon did and my 05 GT wagon continue to go to VT skiing or biking in the Summer. When not doing that, I carry the stuff for going to the race track for the weekend.

Yup, I use it for what it was designed for.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

ahh yes! My parents owned a 280 SEL. it was dark grey with a burgundy interior. Man I loved that car! frickin tank!

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Now I know who has no taste.

The 6.3 basically invented the idea of the q-ship.

Yup. The 6.3 was the world's first super sedan and is the reason why Mercedes badges its current 6.2 liter V-8 as "6.3" to pay homage to the great 6.3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cr_qQ_ZScA]YouTube- Drifting Mercedes 300 SEL very fast 300SEL 6,3[/ame]

:wub:

Now I know who has no taste.

The 6.3 basically invented the idea of the q-ship.

That's ok, I understand. I don't really care for the 1964 GTO either. I understand what it represents I just don't care for the body style. Much the same as I don't care for the new Legacy.

Thanks for the video though. ^

I'm reluctant to admit that I liked the two-door Fiat 131 Bravas. They reminded me of an Italian BMW 1600/2002 or Datsun 510. :p

That's the one! 131. Sweet little sedans.

Fiats (any italian car!) always had such sweet motors and nice handling. Now if they would only get to the end of the block and back without a tow. :lol:

I can't stand them... they completely destroy car look...

With an attitude like that you don't deserve to drive a Subaru, (considering they've had the sport wagon look DOWN for YEARS)

You should sell your Legacy and go buy an EVO, you'll fit in better with those guys.

First off i have looked at many many legacy wagons and not matter what rims you have or front lip the back end still looks like a wagon and i dont like it. Second a c6 z06 can run highs 10s bone stock and trap 125ish i havent seen to any wagons/legacys in general that can do that. Third i dont make fun of or question why people own a wagon because its still the same car basically and as said before to each his own.

I agree with this post.

And; not a fan of the Leggy in wagon form. (sorry)

Archived