LegacyGT.com

post up your other cars!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The wife's Durango... Yeah it's got a hemi.

http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/vimg/eal/size5/14/CC05_HB5P74_2TJ_PR8_APA_XXX_XXX.jpg

:lol: my girl has a durango as well....cept its a little older, no hemi,but its got a v8 (which she takes a lot of pride in)

My '89 Stang, currently resting in pieces, waiting for me to finish the back half job I started almost 10 years ago...

It ran 11.60's @ 121 in its heyday, and got better highway mileage than the Legacy...

897891230_Stangjpg1.JPG.e5cfba019dcd4193f441c1fe57533166.JPG

1679486951_89stangcollage3.JPG.71179a8811d821d0d294644572b2e9d4.JPG

The reason the Mustang has languished unfinished, is bikes...

The first is Kawi ZX-6 from my avatar, which is fun on both the roadrace track, and the dragstrip. The second was my ZX-12 which was a hoot on the dragstrip (try 180 whp!), but a pig on the roadrace track....just two in a long string of two wheel excesses!

SW1-25-04-1.jpg.b6525d2e50d4231ca965b48ed9cd49fa.jpg

FBlaunchjpg.JPG.3f0475420fac8f4801c7cecdcccbb2f4.JPG

I'd fight for it too!!1 Silly guys, you've obviously have never driven one before...

I don't have too.

my friends dad drives one and besides for being much slower then my car, he looks like a total fruit bag when hes driving it.

my old ride I sold last week to get the Outback, and my MINI cooper.

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album71/sig2.jpg

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album71/IMG_10.jpg

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album71/IMG_1082.jpg

http://www.rmcb5.com/albums/album71/IMG_0481.jpg

Yeah, guys in Miatas look a little....feminine might be the term I'm looking for? :lol:

Even if they have racing stripes, roll bars and fart cans? :lol:

I wasn't much better in my CRX.....all 6'1" of me crammed in there.

Yeah, guys in Miatas look a little....feminine might be the term I'm looking for? :lol:

i was reading an article a few years back about the gay community and the cars that are most popular with them. the miata was the won by like an 80% margin.

Even if they have racing stripes, roll bars and fart cans? :lol:

I wasn't much better in my CRX.....all 6'1" of me crammed in there.

funny you mention that i was behind a white miata on my way to school this morning with blue racing stripes an a "fart can" an stuff...

:lol: @ the crx

Ya know, the miata is one of the top 10 "gay" cars, along with the sebring convert, and the saab convert, with the Jetta being #1. Looked it up online over the weekend while at the hospital. the number one "lesbian" vehicle is the outback though. So....I guess from a realistic standpoint, and owning an outback, I am actually pretty glad that my car is the #1 lesbian vehicle....using reverse psychology.....

here is the logic I am using, only to save face with those at work, hehe. So, lesbians like tough vehicles, want to be outdoors and are quite butch...so they pick a tough, dependable, and very useful vehicle that also looks good...so they went with the outback. Since Lesbians are like guys, then being a guy and owning the #1 lesbian car is a good thing. Where as owning the #1 gay car is a bad thing...so those that drive Jetta's, and are guys, they lose...and are driving a gay car, hehe.

I know, I am grabbing at straws, but hey, it was good for a laugh. People at work were making fun of the Subaru logo...the PLEIADES, so I had to do something. The one girl that was making fun of my XT drives a Volvo...so I asked her if she knew her logo. Which she did not, so I informed her that it is the male sexual symbol...so basically, she drives a penis-mobile...hehe. That shut her up. Now she won't drive her Volvo, and drives their suburban instead.

Whenever i read the article the miata was number one, and now that you mention it i distinctly remember the seabring being number 3 for some reason :lol:

Its all good tho, if its as fun to drive as people say and people like it, then they shouldnt really care what people like me think :shrug:

I have to give patagonian the props on this one, for stuffing himself into those cars. I stuffed my 6'2" corn-fed midwesterner self into my wife's miata this morning, for the commute. We have a 99 Red base with all the options.

I am getting a tad sick of driving my automatic ranger back and forth, and the Miata stays in the garage and just gets driven 4 blocks and back since my wife works at home. The miata suffers for not getting up to operating temp. So this morning I drove it.

I don't care what I look like in that car. I can get around and usually in front of most other behemoths on the road pretty easily. And, I am not scared of it's 7k redline. That thing needs to be driven like using a dagger as an offensive weapon. It is too small to be defensive, and my motorcycle is the same way.

I really miss having a good stable hard-roof car, with a stick, and a truly useful amount power. The miata is great, but it is too flexy, not truly powerful enough (until it gets a Flyin Miata Turbo someday) and is too cramped and loud after about an hour. But damn, it is a little scalpel of a car.

I can't wait until my employer ponies up the dough that I am not currently being paid, and am able to pay down my truck, and buy a Legacy GT 5MT. I want a car like that so badly. It is still probably 6-mos to a year off, though.

As for the whole gay/lesbian thing... I couldn't care less. I buy cars that I like, not because other groups of people like or don't like them.

I laugh at people who buy cars for image/identification rather than substance, anyway, no matter what their sexual orientation. "Bling" for the sake of image gets my derision as well.

Cars do things for you, and are tools for a range of jobs. they can even be hobbies, but they shouldn't be ID cards. If you're buying one for the sole reason of who it makes you "look like" or conversely avoid good cars because of the same reason, then you are only really fooling yourself, and it says far more about you than the people you point at.

Yeah, I know it is all in fun... I am not upset at all, I just don't care what people say about me driving my wife's miata. (I say it's hers because she makes the payments, not a defensive measure. My dad owns an MGB and a Mercury Capri convt, both of which I will turn the wheel on whenever I get the chance, too.)

I think it is funny to look at all these people making value judgements, and wondering if the value judgements mean more in reference to the people who are making them, rather than the object of the judgement.

One of the guys who turned wrenches on mine had a B20 motor in his with VTEC heads, turbo and intercooler. 345Hp at the wheels. In a 2200lb car. Handled like a pig though, with all the extra weight on the front axle.

I like CRX's- some of them can be made to be real badass machines.
:(

I really really hate them...even the ones with full body kits an turbos an stuff, all i see is a little honda piece of crap.

When i had my bravada i got in a race with a guy in one that just had exhaust...funny stuff,i ended up beating him by half a car lenth.

I really really hate them...even the ones with full body kits an turbos an stuff, all i see is a little honda piece of crap.

When i had my bravada i got in a race with a guy in one that just had exhaust...funny stuff,i ended up beating him by half a car lenth.

Sounds like you live your life a 1/4 mile at a time.

and GM stuff rocks? :lol::eek::(

I bought the car to use as a track car. That CRX got me through being laid off after 9/11, when I had to sell everything I owned and move in with friends. It was paid for, fun to drive, and reasonably quick. I kept it when I got a new job and used it as my commuter car - it got 36mpg despite all the bolt-ons and being 13 years old. That 'piece of crap' was better built than most cars I have owned before or since (mostly GM). The interior was in perfect shape and the car always started and never left me stranded.

I agree with you that most CRX's you see on the road today are a joke. :( My car was one of the last of the ones done 'right' - no bodykits, tasteful moderately sized lightweight track wheels with real Pirelli Z rated tires, EBC brakes, H&R + Koni's and sway bars. The car wasn't about straightline speed - it handled like a go-kart. We bought a MINI Cooper S to replace it (the only thing even close that costs under $30K), as we wanted something that was more modern and safe.

Archived