LegacyGT.com

Fastest Outback more fasterer er

This is all at 5500 feet above sea level

Here's my 91oct Dyno tune:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/mwiener2/001.jpg

Then here's the switch to E85, only thing changed was injector scaling.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/mwiener2/DiscoPotatoDyno.jpg

Then today, finally got around dyno tuning the E85.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/mwiener2/DynoE85001.jpg

Doesn't look like much of a gain on the dyno, but on the street it's alot. We added a full 8 degrees of timing and then the DA went full positive. So she likes the E85, alot. This stuff just won't knock.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

430 crank corrected for altitude

last time I was at the track I got a 13.770 @ 102.08

i can't launch the car to save my life, so a very low 13 is possible.

I also got a 103mph in 15 sec... so the power is there, i just can't launch it

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

damn elevation makes it tough to make big numbers.

Disagree. The correction factor used on a dyno takes into consideration elevation (and temperature). He should be able to go down to sea level and get the same dyno numbers, assuming both dyno operators are using appropriate correction factors. His dyno plots are corrected.

Elevation makes it tough to run fast quarter miles though.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Disagree. The correction factor used on a dyno takes into consideration elevation (and temperature).

It's not that fancy... a correction factor of 1.15 just adds 15% to what the dyno reads. So it's not all that close to what it would read at sea level. That and the fact that the turo will spool sooner, and hold longer at higher efficencies at sea level then up here.

The GT28 is a smaller turbo. There are plans to put a larger one in. But I'm at the edge of fueling as is and the MAF can't handle much more airflow either.

The OBXT handles just fine. I've had it on a road course twice now.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

It's not that fancy... a correction factor of 1.15 just adds 15% to what the dyno reads. So it's not all that close to what it would read at sea level. That and the fact that the turo will spool sooner, and hold longer at higher efficencies at sea level then up here.

Right, but the factor (percentage, whatever) that is added is theoretically based upon altitude and temperature. Seems many dyno operators just add some arbitrary number so I agree that it probably would read higher at sea level, but if correction factors were doing what they are supposed to do then it wouldn't be any different.

It doesn't make sense to me that a dyno run done at sea level at 60 degrees would have any correction factor at all, but for some reason they do. We (at altitude), need the correction factors for comparison sake. Super adds 15% for a reason. Joe blow at sea level just adds it for dramatic effect.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

Archived