LegacyGT.com

LGT vs GTP

So im drivin home from work last night on SR7, its like 11:15, and i see the first legacy gt ive ever seen on the roads down here. It was a blue sedan and there was like a 30 year old guy drivin it. So i pull up next to him at the light, look at him, take a hit of my black n mild, an the light turned green, before i knew what was happening he took off. i hit the gas to catch up and i flew by him goin like 70, we pulled up at the next night light together. I turned off my AC, put it into performance shift, and reved my engine. The guy didnt even look at me, but i knew he wanted to race. So the light turned green, he got like half a car lenth on me for the first second or two :D but i quickly put three car lengths inbetween us (UHHH) he cought up (id say a car lenth an a half) behind me after a few seconds, and we stayed like that till about 90 something..Then I let off the gas, and let him pass me.

So i win. :cool:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Performance wise i have the following:

-160 degree thermostat

-Wizaird cold air intake w/ intercooler and 9' k & n filter

- Hi/low fan switch

- NGK TR6 spark plugs

- PRJ performance ignition wires

-Custom bent 3 inch exhaust, str8 pipe no cats, 3.5' stainless steel tips

-3.4 supercharger pulley

Which isnt even all that much...

Guest JessterCPA
or maybe my ten grand five year old pontiac is faster then his brand new subaru :shrug: I figured they were around the same speed anyway

Tis possible. I am still surprised. Didnt know a GTP was that quick. Impressive.

Guest *Jedimaster*
I believ eit. My GTP was a screamer with the pulley on the s/c changed. That thing needed larger front tires- it would just light them up with light pedal pressure.

Yea with a S/C car to get more out of it all you have to do is buy a smaller pulley. With the smaller pulley comes more boost since it can spin faster. Then you lead into problems like maxing out your fuelpump, etc... I'd say the guy probably didn't know how to drive. You probably jumped 3 lengths when he hit 2nd. (if it was a stick). With your mods have you run the car yet? If so what's your E/T?

"or maybe my ten grand five year old pontiac is faster then his brand new subaru :shrug: I figured they were around the same speed anyway"

Top news story! Modified forced air car beats stock forced air car with a driver that probably didn't know what he was racing! Nice sleeper BTW, tried to convince a friend to get a used Buick Regal GS.

And no, they aren't the same speed stock versus stock. I'd say 0.7-1.1 seconds slower to 60, and about 0.5-0.7 slower in the 1/4 mile with trap speeds a couple of mph less. (94 or so) Well ,that's manual LGT times. No clue about autos.

And talking about not much modifications getting big gains, a remap gets the LGT a boost of around 25HP/35 lbs-ft of torque to the wheels.

-B

Yes I agree you should, the comment about "taking a hit of your black and mild" was enough.

Enough to what?

pulleys are supposed to give pretty big gains on a SC car right?
aledigly 25hp

...sure. guess you should keep your GTP afterall!
I'm getting rid of it no matter what...right now im deciding between this, the silverado 2500, and possibly an 00 bmw 7 series...;)

Tis possible. I am still surprised. Didnt know a GTP was that quick. Impressive.
I get that a lot :)

I believ eit. My GTP was a screamer with the pulley on the s/c changed. That thing needed larger front tires- it would just light them up with light pedal pressure.
Hell yea...<3my nittos<3

Top news story! Modified forced air car beats stock forced air car with a driver that probably didn't know what he was racing!

And talking about not much modifications getting big gains, a remap gets the LGT a boost of around 25HP/35 lbs-ft of torque to the wheels.

-B

He knew we were racing. :lol: i'm not retarded. And yea, i know all about remapping the LGT, because i want one, and Ive been reading here for a few weeks, thanks for letting me know again ;)

This thread is stupid.

it's a Ponti-yuck!

Kevin

Then don't post in it.

An uh...in all honestly, the grand prix is a better looking car then the legacy.

With your mods have you run the car yet? If so what's your E/T?

I want to run it so bad, but i haven't yet. my dad is anal about shit like that. My friend has an older supra that runs 13.8-9 all day (13.6 was his best run) and i beat him in a race :shrug: so i'd say i run somewhere around 13.8 or 9

That was one 5EAT car with a driver that can"t shift or drive...GTPs are quick cars but not scary... And again...the big news is...modified car vs stock car story... Wait till you run into a lightly-modded LGT. Afterwards, you may think you're driving in reverse...

That was one 5EAT car with a driver that can"t shift or drive...GTPs are quick cars but not scary... And again...the big news is...modified car vs stock car story... Wait till you run into a lightly-modded LGT. Afterwards, you may think you're driving in reverse...
I think saying a driver who "cant shift or drive" is pushin it a little bit buddy ;) (he was a male lol). And yea, my cars not modded all that much, and i wasnt rubbing the the race in anyones face, it happened, and i posted about it in a relevant place to post about it :shrug: its that simple. I doubt i'll run into a lighly modded LGT, because that was the only one ive seen down here ;) . An if i did race one, and it did beat me, id come here an post about it.

true...for about $2000 a stage 2 LGT is pretty sweet. 300hp/345torque. Should run around 13.2 1/4 mile and about 4.8-5.0 to 60.

can't wait for Shaggy's numbers with the twin scroll set up....should be around 400 whp. that's nuts!

My parents have a Bonneville SSEi which I have flogged more than enough. It's suprisingly quick and feels like a freight train, but the numbers aren't all that impressive. 240HP with the SC stock. I've tried getting them to get a new pully, but they wouldn't listen to me. Sheesh...old people.

Knowing that the GTP is slightly faster than the SSEi, but not much, I'm going to have to say that an LGT would probably be faster than a stock GTP, but it may be real close with your mods.

Handling is a WHOLE different story.

Guest *Jedimaster*

I haven't had time to read this whole thread yet, but are you guys calling bs? I had a GTP and that sucker was quick! Perfect gearing for stoplight to stoplight racing. Slow over about 75 though. I think the LGT would roll all over a GTP at highway speed.

IBnotfromarollnazis.

Stock? The GTP is no competition for a 5MT LGT. The best times I've heard of are high 14s and a couple of mph slower than the average LGT times. Something like 14.8 at 94 is the best I've seen. 0-60 time? Forget it... Something like 6.4 or so. All that low-end grunt through the front wheels does not make a happy car from a stop, although it may make it seem faster than it is.

Hell, my friend with the regular 3.8L can do a peg-leg burnout for a long time in first. Torque monster down low that 3.8L.

-B

Archived