LegacyGT.com

Spec.B - 2 days, 264 miles, engine goes buh bye.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For Sale:

2009 Legacy GT spec.B SWP

VERY LOW MILES

With engine repl...

....engine shinier than new!

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Hopefully that will be the dealer's add, not your's.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Step 1 - tell the dealer to take the car back.

Step 2 - order another SpecB from another dealer

Step 3 - Call SOA IF the dealer won't take the car back.

Step 1 - tell the dealer to take the car back.

Step 2 - order another SpecB from another dealer

Step 3 - Call SOA IF the dealer won't take the car back.

That sounds like a reasonable agenda.

The dealer hasn't called me, yet... Since I don't have official word of what the problem is, should I wait for it or should I call immediately?

I'm hoping the 72 hours don't continue to tic, seeing how the car was not in our posession that long... We did purchase it over 72 hours ago, though. :spin:

I would just go ahead and call them up and tell them you've decided that it's unacceptable, and you want replacement vehicle. As far as how to make it happen, I'd leave that up to them. I would not wait for them in any way, nor allow them to try to set the expectations.

I would also do a little background research on lemon laws where you're at, as that may factor in heavily here.

I would just go ahead and call them up and tell them you've decided that it's unacceptable, and you want replacement vehicle. As far as how to make it happen, I'd leave that up to them. I would not wait for them in any way, nor allow them to try to set the expectations.

I would also do a little background research on lemon laws where you're at, as that may factor in heavily here.

Unfortunately, WA lemon laws aren't as customer-oriented. They give dealers/manufacturers 3 tries for same issue repairs (if safety related), and 4 times for non-safety related. This is also within the first 24k miles.

However, there is a law that allows for a new vehicle to be returned within 72 hours of purchasing.

I'm about to call the dealer.

Left a voice message for my service advisor, so hopefully he'll call back soon. I explained that we'd like to treat this as a vehicle return and locate a new one nationwide.

I'm sure I'll probably have to speak to someone else (outside of service), but at least this should get the ball rolling.

SOA will be my backup plan if the dealer fails to come through.

Left a voice message for my service advisor, so hopefully he'll call back soon. I explained that we'd like to treat this as a vehicle return and locate a new one nationwide.

I'm sure I'll probably have to speak to someone else (outside of service), but at least this should get the ball rolling.

SOA will be my backup plan if the dealer fails to come through.

Draft up a letter formally requesting the dealer take the car back, go to the dealer TODAY, and have someone at the dealership sign receipt for it... tick tock...tick tock... clock is running on your 72 hours and once that's past... you're stuck with the car.

definately post the vin number if you can. Subietronic is completely correct. They are just waiting for that seventy two hours. Keep all of your reciepts (tow??). Call SOA and tell them the situation and that you are really unhappy. Let them know immeadiately that the dealer stated he put 87 octane in the tank. The dealership doesnt care how much time or effort it takes to fix the engine because they are not paying for it (subaru warranty); they may even make a profit off the repairs. If it was somehow there fault (87 octane) they will probably be stuck with it. They probably know by now whether its potentially their fault or not. They will do everything to try and stick you with the car.Tell them you want your money back and then you can just start the process all over. I would not feel comfortable down $30k+, with no car. You might also want to get some advice from a lawyer if you could. THE

No call from the dealer. I'm going to call SOA right now and see what kind of treatment they offer over the phone. I began drafting a letter already.

By the way, the 72 hours are technically gone (as of last night), but the vehicle was only in our posession for less than 72 hours. They also said they'd have to look at it to see what the options were, so the ball has been on their court not mine (as far as the time they have spent "diagnoising" the issue...)

Defeinitely bring the letter down to the dealership ASAP and have them sign for it with a date.

That way you have notorized documentation of when you made your claim.

Last thing you want is some "he said/she said" BS.

G/L, sorry this had to be your first Suby experience. :redface:

Defeinitely bring the letter down to the dealership ASAP and have them sign for it with a date.

That way you have notorized documentation of when you made your claim.

Last thing you want is some "he said/she said" BS.

G/L, sorry this had to be your first Suby experience. :redface:

I also own a '92 SVX, but I purchased it used. This was my first new Subaru, though.

I absolutely hate the loaner Outback they gave me. :rolleyes:

So, I've been doing more research, and I have been wrong in my assumption of the 72 hours period... Apparently WA state does NOT have a cooling off period. However, they do allow for sales contract to be cancelled if the seller agrees and/or there's legal cause.

So, I am hoping that the dealer/SOA do the right thing. After all, I'm not just cancelling and looking away, I want another spec.B. I just want one that will last longer than 264 miles. :mad:

:whore:

And yes, loaners suck. At least it's not a Forester! (my loaner was a rally blue forester... i felt like a schmuck driving to work that day! :lol:)

Well, once this ordeal is all sorted out and you make an official introduction, hit us with some pics of the SVX. :)

G/L

Archived