LegacyGT.com

Debadge or Not?

ycpgirl88

Hey I have a 2004 Subaru Legacy 35th Anniversary Edition and was wondering if I should debadge the AWD and LEGACY. I did clone on photoshop to see what it would look like without those 'badges' on, and was wondering what everyone thought. Let me know. Thanks!

1554493214_Picture009f.thumb.jpg.a32827579514788d29500aed881b49c0.jpg

1270592518_Picture009ef.thumb.jpg.e999233c15f233d3f5b33331ad93b5f3.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how do you like it? that's what really counts no?

but if you are going to debadge, take those paws off too.;)

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

It's not 5 heart i, it is S <3 I (my name is sarah my boyfriends name is ian, we've been together for 3 years)

Aaah, gotcha. Good for you two. :)

So I'm guessing you wanna keep that and the paws then. I'd say still debadge the other two.

Easiest way (IMO) to get them off is to use pieces of dental floss and "saw" at the adhesive behind it. This way you don't worry about damaging your paint. Then use some "goo-gone" or other (paint-safe) adhesive cleaner to get rid of any residue that's left over.

If they're tough to come off, you could put a hairdryer on them on hot for a few to soften the adhesive.

Hope that helps! :)

Easiest way (IMO) to get them off is to use pieces of dental floss and "saw" at the adhesive behind it. This way you don't worry about damaging your paint. Then use some "goo-gone" or other (paint-safe) adhesive cleaner to get rid of any residue that's left over.

Thanks for the advice... I will test it out!

I did mine with a heat gun and fishing line. used rubbing alcohol to remove the glue, cleaned it up, polished, and waxed:cool:.

Naked is the way to be IMO...:lol:

This would work equally as well... just a caution to members who try this way... be careful with a heat gun, it CAN melt your paint if your not. ;)

That's why I recommend a hairdryer. Less risk for the common folk. ;)

I just wish there was something we could do with the rear subaru badge, even replace it with something JDM. I just dont want anyone to know what kind of car I have unless they are a Subaru enthusiast.
^ n00bs below this line

Archived