LegacyGT.com

Will it fit? TV edition

I have a sedan. 05, so non-folding rear seats.

I'm trying to buy a 40" LCD TV. Anyone try to fit one of these in their car before?

I'm thinking i need to take it out of the box and then collapse the box but i'm not sure.

if anyone has any idea what the best way to do this is, it'd be greatly appreciated!

car for sale. PM me!

I think you'll be ok in the backseat if you take it out of the box..... Have you attempted the use of a measuring tape?? lol

well i think the overall dimensions will fit. it's just im not sure about the base and odd edges.

plus the car is at home. and i am at work :lol:

car for sale. PM me!

Don't do it. The rear doors do not open wide enough to get it in at a slanted angle. Leave it in the box and try this. Plus just the attempt will tear up your headliner.

The trunk might work for you. Put a packing blanket over the latch on the bottom. Shove the box all the way to the back. It should only stick out a foot. Maybe less. Use ratchet Straps to hold it in hooking only to metal. Maybe from the underside of the deck to the underside of the bumper.

NOTR: I have never tried this in a Legacy Sedan but I have moved some pretty big paintings in my OBXT and my WRX using this method.

“Abandon hope, all ye who enter here”

-Dante Alighieri

http://youtu.be/lLFunBPgPOo

It definitely depends on the packaging. I've gotten small squarish side tables through the back doors and onto the seats of the sedan, but the flat screen TV we bought wouldn't fit, and wouldn't fit upright in the wagon and they warn you not to haul them flat, so we got a neighbor's van and slid the TV into it, upright.

Muahaahhahaahahahahaha shoulda bought a wagon! See it is worth it! I hauled a 46" tv, two computers, two moniters, several paintings, and a dresser. All at the same time ahahaha

i stayed at the holiday inn last night :confused:

car for sale. PM me!

I would have been nice and picked it up for you in my Touareg :D

nah as it turned out the deal was at frys.com and circuit city wouldnt price match it. so i figured what the hell, the shipping is free so i'll just get it shipped.

car for sale. PM me!

Archived