LegacyGT.com

Reflashing ECU with VAG-COM cable??

bocalu99

If i have a like a $15 VAG-COM usb obd-ii cable, can i actually reflash the ecu with it, or can i only log/display diagnostics with it? I know its compatible with my '05 LGT's ISO-KWP2000 protocol...i just don't know if the data goes both ways like that...hope i don't really need a $170 cable....any input would be greatly appreciated.

-thanks,

ben

VAG-COM=VW and Audi

Volkswagen Audi Group

You shouldn't make stuff up. VAG stands for Volkswagen AG, where AG is an abbreviation for Aktiengesellschaft and has the same meaning as Inc or Corp in the US and PLC or Ltd in the UK.

;2090803']You shouldn't make stuff up. VAG stands for Volkswagen AG' date=' where AG is an abbreviation for Aktiengesellschaft and has the same meaning as Inc or Corp in the US and PLC or Ltd in the UK.[/quote']

I didn't make it up :rolleyes: I couldn't remeber the exact designation. That was from a quick web search. The important part is it will work....:spin:

I didn't make it up :rolleyes: I couldn't remeber the exact designation. That was from a quick web search. The important part is it will work....:spin:

You're just pissed 'cause Jon Schooled you:hide:

Rehab is for quitters.

• 1 month later...
I am wondernig.. will it be possible to download my current TA tune from ECU using VAG cable + ecuflash, than unmarry cobb AP, and load TA tune again using ecuflash? It should not matter for ecu flash what tune I have in my ecu, right?
There are no bad people, just differeent.

I am wondernig.. will it be possible to download my current TA tune from ECU using VAG cable + ecuflash, than unmarry cobb AP, and load TA tune again using ecuflash? It should not matter for ecu flash what tune I have in my ecu, right?

lol, that would be stealing. However it won't work anyways as ECUFlash cannot read realtime data (ram info).

why stealing? I've paid for TA map, so why I can't use it after I sell my AP?

As for realtime data - do you mean tat relatime map can't be copied?

If I have only TA base map loaded?

Anyway, I'll try do do it after I get my VAG cable. i do not think it would be stealing, as I will continue to use the map i've paid for. Ap is just a tool to load and exhange maps.

There are no bad people, just differeent.

why stealing? I've paid for TA map, so why I can't use it after I sell my AP?

As for realtime data - do you mean tat relatime map can't be copied?

If I have only TA base map loaded?

Anyway, I'll try do do it after I get my VAG cable. i do not think it would be stealing, as I will continue to use the map i've paid for. Ap is just a tool to load and exhange maps.

lol I knew that response was coming, it always does. The tune was meant for an AP and use on your vehicle. Without getting too technical :redface:

Once again, it won't work but you are more then welcome to try. You will pull info from the base map which when dealing with AP's and vendors has hardly any information. Not to mention the most recent AP firmware won't allow you to read from a protuned map image.

Archived