LegacyGT.com

Reflashing ECU with VAG-COM cable??

bocalu99

Ok, I see your point. Anyway, if I sell AP, i will be using a different tune.. my plan was to use the old one for a while, till I'll find a tuner or ots OP stage 2 map.

BTW, you won't consider this to be a stealing, if I sell my AP with non-cobb tunes I have in it, right? I've seen lot of membert sell AP this way.

So, it looks like "The tune was meant for an AP only" usage :-)

There are no bad people, just differeent.

Ok, I see your point. Anyway, if I sell AP, i will be using a different tune.. my plan was to use the old one for a while, till I'll find a tuner or ots OP stage 2 map.

BTW, you won't consider this to be a stealing, if I sell my AP with non-cobb tunes I have in it, right? I've seen lot of membert sell AP this way.

So, it looks like "The tune was meant for an AP only" usage :-)

Opensource tuner:wub:

Oh and FWIW I completely understand you.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my cable, installed under Vista (plug it in, manually point to a driver folder, force to use that specific driver), and get my ECU copied to laptop in 3 min! Easy and clean.

Now I am going to try one of OP stage 2 maps, and soon will be contacting Opensource tuner :wub:

Wowhoo!

One question: Is it possible to load a realtime map using ecuFlash? There should be a way, I can't imagine that you need to reflash everything for each new map adjustment.. We have an about 100 reflashes only until ECU is dead, right?

I am going unmarry my AP and try to load an OP map soon...

One question: Is it possible to load a realtime map using ecuFlash? There should be a way, I can't imagine that you need to reflash everything for each new map adjustment.. We have an about 100 reflashes only until ECU is dead, right?

I am going unmarry my AP and try to load an OP map soon...

I have flashed my car well over 100 times. It is not a complete base map flash like the Cobb AP, it compares the rom to the one you are fashing and only sends the info that has been changed. Also no, there is not any realtime capability.

I bought this package.(http://obdcom.com/incompat.htm) Comes with cable and a decent program. The program only reads the data it doesnt write. This forum is fasinating. I have an older legacy with no turbo but I have a few mods done. I would like to increase the fuel delivery. If I get that ecu flash is that possible, to do a little tuning? Im fairly new the the flashing stuff but very interested. Any pointers to get me started?

Archived