LegacyGT.com

Aux Input Question

SlickSpur

I'm looking at purchasing an '07 LGT Limited. Very excited, but I have a question regarding the auxillary input. I obviously wish to use this to hook my iPod; however, if I do this, will I still have to control everything (i.e., artist/song selection, playlist) from the iPod itself, or can I do it from the radio on the vehicle? I imagine that due to being aux input and not an actual iPod adaptor that I will have to control everything from the iPod, which I can imagine is a real pain....

Second, does this seem like a decent deal? If not, I may have to look into seeing if there are any leftover '08s. It's an '07 with 29.4k on it for $20,000. May be able to talk them down a bit lower.

thats not a bad deal at all. I got an '05 with 23k on it for about $16.5k a little over 3 months ago to give you some perspective

yes you'll have to control it by your ipod still. its not too painful, the radio-control ones are usually a little more cumbersome getting to the right artists and songs anyway. just make some playlists that you dont mind hearing all the music on so you'll only have to occasionally press "next" and you're all set :)

Another option would be to get the Subaru iPod integration kit and then you would be able to control the iPod through your stock stereo. The kit is listed as being available for '08 Impreza's, but it works in '07+ Legacy's too. The info thread for it is here: http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66267. One thing to note - you can only install this kit as long as the car does not have the XM or Sirius satellite radio unit in it.

I went to the dealership on Saturday to put a down payment on the vehicle and it was sold! I was really upset because the car was in great shape. I suppose that's why it sold so quickly. Anyway, I went to a Subaru dealership and took a look at a leftover '08 LGT Limited. Nice car, but they would only offer it for 26,900. I'm wondering if I can talk them down to 25,000. If I can, that seems like it would be a good deal, though I'm not sure how low people have been able to talk leftover LGT's down to. Invoice seems to be 26,400 online.

Archived