LegacyGT.com

i need emergency help: flywheel bolts

lucas569

Haha it will be rewarding in the end:spin: Just break her in nice:)

omg its done, for anyone that says this was easy i commend you.

imho it was not "easy" laying on my back trying to do this install but its all done and i must say it drives awesome!

i can honestly say its way better than stock, its exactly what i wanted.

the lwfw is great and i dont see why some people think it would ride funky with one but to each his own...

btw how many miles is the break in anyhow??? :confused:

for anyone that says this was easy i commend you

Im assuming usually when people say this clutch swap was easy they have done other clutch swaps and are comparing it to a harder one. Ive done 10+ clutch swaps about half on a lift and the other half laying on my back:mad: all different makes and models and for a awd car the legacy wasnt to bad considering the transmission is all one peice instead of a transmission and transfer case. Now swap a clutch on an evo thats a nightmare!!! It pays techs something like 10 or 11 hrs:lol:

well in all honesty it had alot to do with me doing it on my back, the tranny did not want to even crack off the block! we had to go buy a crowbar to pry the sob off... it just did not want to budge...

that right there was the biggest hurdle... this was my 1st awd job but i guess it went smooth other than the torx plus bs and the tranny not wanting to come off the block...

oh almost forgot a bolt fell down the bell housing! lmao, that set me back an hour too...

I was actually going to say why don't you go to a Subaru dealer and ask to borrow/buy one of their sockets :)

Congrats on the install. Quite a job to take on!

Describe what it is that is different and how it makes you happy.

Joe

well for starters the clutch effort actually feels lighter, that was a big surprise as this pp has alot more clamping force.

it could be that my pp had 70k miles and was getting stiffer but it is indeed lighter.

2nd

the engagement point is now about half up instead of close to the floor, big plus in my book. as the lgt was always a tricky car to modulate...

3rd

the lwfw feels great, the car boogies when you mash the throttle and it feels like it just wants to get up and go easier.

i do notice it is a little trickier on inclines... and on slight hills i used to coast up at low speeds in 2nd gear the car feels boggy. (also when i do california stops aka taking off in 2nd ;) cant do em from as slow of a roll )

the lwfw makes the car drive different but in a good way and the positives outweight the negatives, just takes adjusting and getting used too...

4th

the clutch grabs like a hooker on your wallet, if your not careful it will stall but its nothing that you wont get used after 5 minutes. (also the squeaks i was getting when pressing the clutch are gone)

the stock clutch sucked hardcore so it may be that anything feels better all i know is i :wub: the ACT clutch and lwfw.

well in all honesty it had alot to do with me doing it on my back, the tranny did not want to even crack off the block! we had to go buy a crowbar to pry the sob off... it just did not want to budge

Yea it pisses me off how well thoes dowels can hold in a transmission sometimes. You Just have to becareful with that soft aluminum when prying away at it. glad to hear your back up and running. the first night i got mine all done i went out driving for over 2 hours just around haha I have a spec stage2+ and a spec LWF BTW.

Archived