LegacyGT.com

Trip to the 1/4 mile

kevkel33leg05

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Allright guys. Wasnt sure if i was going to be able to make it to the track tonight becuase im a dumass and hit a curb the other day in a parking lot. My alignment was all messed up:mad:!!! Luckily im an automotive student at hvcc. So the alignment machine she went. I got everything back to good minus the scratched rocker panel trim. Wish me luck for the 12's. Ill make sure to get some videos.

So i didnt get the times i was looking for. Track was a little slippery last night. One of the bikes almost just lost it out of the take off. Best time for last night was

1/8th 8.415@84.11 1/4 13.151@104.64. Other times were 8.516@83.73 13.257@104.56, 8.552@82.23 13.385@102.88, 9.1@82.36 13.989@103.07 BAD launch. Shifted at 6300 got a 13.3 Then brought it up to 6500 got the 13.1

Heres the video:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/legact-gt-stage-2-fmic_184892.htm

man, I tell you, that FMIC sure makes a big difference in trap speeds! I doubt I'd see too many with your mods and just the stock TMIC with them.

what are your 60' times?

also, moving this thread to where it belongs: motorsports. ;)

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Very nice, definately 12's in that setup.

agreed, you are right there, knocking at the door! :lol: you need to get that 60' down to low 1.8's or high 1.7's and that should propel you into a 12. I know when I ran my 12 in the 08 STI on stg 1, my 60' was 1.72 and that hurled me to 12.947 @ 102, so your traps are there for sure. In the LGT, I usually trapped about 104-105 mph with my best run at 12.865. My 60's were usually around 1.78-1.82 that landed me into 12's. You should be able to do the same from looking at your numbers.

also, are you taking out the spare tire and any other "heavy" items that add weight?

*edit* I think I see your weak link here: stock cans. You are running all 3" piping to the stock CBE? or you have 3" Y pipe too? You should be running 3" all the way and that would free up some power to get you that extra little bit to 12's.

Very nice, definately 12's in that setup.

Thanks, i know she has it in her. My tires were spining to much. I even lowered the air pressure for the last run. But oh well. ALKGT thats good to hear your times for some reference. I am taken out the spare tire and stuff. And to put me at ease to know ill run a 12 im in the process of buying bigger mid and y pipe. Just gonna keep stock cans for now. If i do run again wont be until after i install mid and y pipes. Prob in oct sometime.

also, what temps are you running in? I always prayed for cool temps in the 50-60's and would love 40's but then would be tough to hook up the tires. You aren't on stock RE92's are you? that will also make it tough to hook up.

what are you launching at? 4500 RPM? 5500 RPM? what's your boost guage say, do you know? sorry, just trying to think of anything that may be helpful. I can't really compare my times in the LGT since it was 5EAT, but I can tell you that I launched her about 18 psi of boost with the supporting mods. ;) She was a bat outta hell! LOL

In the STI, unless I screw something up, I'm at 12.7-12.8 all day.... LGT was 12.8-13.2 all day, very inconsistent (and strange since it was an auto). Launching it vs the STI are two completely different things! LOL. Good luck to you, but definitely upgrade those pipes and I think that may just be enough to get you to your goal.

Great Times, still! Don't worry about the e/t - just worry about the 60ft...that's key. :)

Btw - THANK YOU for the Boost Gauge stuff - I got mine in the mail, and installed it this evening.

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

The temps were warmer last night. In the mid 70's when i got there. Dropped into the high 50's by the end of the night. Last week it was cooler. Like 65 when i got there droping into the mid 50's by the end of the night. Maby the temp drop made it harder to hook up??? Im not on stock tires i got 225/45/17 kumho's ecsta asx. Ill prob end up replacing them before this winter. I only go to the 1/4 mile with a qt tank of gas. Im launching in the 5500 range sometimes a lil higher. What would be the sweet spot to launch at with other peoples experiences? Off the datalogs im havein about 8psi right b4 i launch. I think with some new tires and bigger mid and y i should be in the 12's all day long. Thanks for the luck:)

Archived