LegacyGT.com

Mufflers using only one hanger...

hey first off moderators if u think this belongs in exhaust I totally understand, its exhaust related but I was looking for a general concensus on this topic.

ok..does anyone have their mufflers whether aftermarket or stock only connected to the Y pipe and hnging on only one of the exhaust hangers?

I ask because my XO2 mufflers were ging to be installed back onto my XO2 Y pipe (i have stock mufflers on now) and well due to construction at my house someone bent one of the exaust hangers on my XO2 mufflers and trying to bend it back resulted in me breaking if off almost completely off. so basically any danger in this? its the hanger that is not closest to the exhaust tip but closer o the flange.

and one more question while im at it, anybody ever saw off the lil ball ends on the XO2 exhaust hangers because those lil balls are the hardest to push through the rubber exhaust hanger holes?

not a bad idea devobuzz, thank you im gunna try that I think.

has anybody used any type of flange cover to ever close off one of the Y pipes? I found this ovalish piece of metal designed for 2.5 inch flanges and was gunna close one of the Y's till I get the other exhaust rewelded.

Archived