LegacyGT.com

Legacy VS SRT 4

Hehehe, Yeah I looked at the Magnum too for about 3 seconds before dismissing it. Neat car, but not for me.

It is a cool car and i did look at it a little but I was more likley to go for the 300c over it. I know they are the same thing but the 300 just looks better.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh sound twins, well by friday performance wise you will be way ahead of me. If some sounds are waht your looking for than it should be good, something more or a WRX driver is looking for, that not so luxery sound is just about it, and thats what I wanted too. As for the AP I am not running the AP yet, there were some concerns about the intake and the AP together, but from how things look the perrin intake isnt that much diffent not much wider or anything so hopefully it will be alright. I hope all goes well because I really do not want to take off my intake when I run the AP the silencer removal just isnt loud enough for me. I as long as you have guages to monitor you should be safe. Hope all goes well.

-NS

"From a roll however is where I am curious to see the outcome. It will be very close but I have confidence in the Leggy. Stock vs Stock the SRT may eventually pull but I'm not sure."

THE SRT-4 PUTS DOWN 220-240HP TO THE WHEELS STOCK. IT WEIGHS 200 POUNDS LESS THAN THE LIGHTEST LEGACY GT.

Jebus, some people hear are starting to sound like SRT-4 owners, hehe.

-B

"From a roll however is where I am curious to see the outcome. It will be very close but I have confidence in the Leggy. Stock vs Stock the SRT may eventually pull but I'm not sure."

THE SRT-4 PUTS DOWN 220-240HP TO THE WHEELS STOCK. IT WEIGHS 200 POUNDS LESS THAN THE LIGHTEST LEGACY GT.

Jebus, some people hear are starting to sound like SRT-4 owners, hehe.

-B

uh -- seeing as how the engine is rated at 230hp - you're telling that the transmission and drivetrain are running at 110% effeciency?! OMGHI2U :rolleyes:

show me the dyno's and then maybe i'll believe that.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0302scc_neon/

Manufacturer's

Horsepower : 215 hp @ 5400 rpm

Horsepower as

Measured at the Wheels: 223 hp @ 5600 rpm

Manufacturer's

Claimed Torque: 245 lb-ft @ 2000 rpm

Torque as Measured : 250 lb-ft @ 3100 rpm

http://turbomagazine.com/tech/0407tur_srt02_z.jpg

Our SRT-4 generated 218.8 hp and 222.8 lb-ft of torque in factory trim. Dodge definitely underrated the factory issued output of the stout SRT-4 engine.

http://www.modernperformance.com/dcx/srt4_faq.htm

It was very obvious to everyone when magazines started testing the SRT-4 on dynos and got on average 220-230 hp and 230-240 torque that the horsepower numbers were way underrated by Dodge. So, on paper, Dodge rated the numbers higher to state the hp and torque numbers a little closer to the real world power numbers. Are the power numbers accurate now ? We don’t think so, taking into account the 10 – 15% drive train loss between the engine and the wheels the correct hp figures should be closer to 250-255 hp and 260-270 torque at the engine.

Good enough? I could keep going... THE SRT-4 IS DA FASTEST! Well, not the fastest, but certainly faster than a LGT in the 1/4 stock for stock...

-B

Good enough? I could keep going... THE SRT-4 IS DA FASTEST! Well, not the fastest, but certainly faster than a LGT in the 1/4 stock for stock...

-B

Thats dissapointing, I'm used to laying it on SRT-4s till my limitor kicks in (112mph :cool: ). If i got the legacy an lost to one i dont know what id do, id feel like such a bitch, i hate those cars.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Neon-Timeslip-4579.html

1/4 Mile ET: 13.527

1/4 Mile MPH: 102.370

Couple of bolt-ons for the above time it looks like

Tulsa raceway park in north east Oklahoma. Car put down 233 fwp and 250.6 lb Tq stock 4 banger.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Neon-Timeslip-4682.html

1/4 Mile ET: 13.821

1/4 Mile MPH: 100.030

Car is stock

1/4 Mile ET: 13.860

1/4 Mile MPH: 101.500

Slowest Srt-4 listed:

1/4 Mile ET: 14.288

1/4 Mile MPH: 99.684

1/8 Mile ET: 9.356

1/8 Mile MPH: 79.426

0-60 Foot ET: 2.259

Speedworld in Arizona, track conditions were very bad, (ie track wasn't cleaned prior to runs)

A 2.2 second 0-60 foot time, and it still ran a 14.3 at 99mph... Faster than any stock LGT, and a decent ET for a LGT.

All joking aside, is that *really* that big a deal? It saves weight...

It would be for me. What a PITA. As for weight savings, come on.

Still, driving an SRT4 is like driving a Camaro....it may be fast, but you look like a tool. My fiance laughs at the guys she sees, saying 'poor bastard' :lol:

It would be for me. What a PITA. As for weight savings, come on.
I guess to me, it's of little consequence. And I agree, weight is sorta nipicking on my part...

Still, driving an SRT4 is like driving a Camaro....it may be fast, but you look like a tool. My fiance laughs at the guys she sees, saying 'poor bastard' :lol:
(start ahole rant)Not everyone buys their cars to be seen. Some by their cars to be seen only from behind.(end ahole rant)

I mean, this is all just my $.02... I'm just so tired of people pulling the "but it's a neon waaaaaaaaah" card. The SRT is a damned nice and fast car, if you give it an honest chance.

All joking aside, is that *really* that big a deal? It saves weight...
I'll contest that statement. Modern power window units are much lighter than they once were. In fact, many power window units are _lighter_ than their manual counterparts! What's your excuse now Dodge? :lol:

I mean, this is all just my $.02... I'm just so tired of people pulling the "but it's a neon waaaaaaaaah" card. The SRT is a damned nice and fast car, if you give it an honest chance.

I have driven my share of Neon's (mostly rental cars). Try as you might, you can't polish a turd. You obviously can make it go like stink though. ;) Just think how much faster it would be if they made the front windows manual instead of power too. :lol:

What have you proven by showing another car your taillights? How small your jockstrap is? Who cares? :rolleyes: There will always be someone faster. If all you cared about was speed, buy a used '90 Mustang LX and put a crate motor with a blower in it. You would get a faster car and spend less money.

Guest *Jedimaster*

This thread rox :lol:

You're right- the Neon is a very nice car.

:lol:

Archived