LegacyGT.com

Supra DOA

The new CAFE regs are nothing to joke with.

Don't be surprised that the domestics are the biggest supporters of these new regs. The new regs could potential destroy the future of some imported brands(ie. Subaru). I wouldn't hold you breath on the next spec Legacy to have a super sports edition in North America.

Yeah, because Toyota has such an overlap of performance cars that they can just trim that fat.

Government over regulation will bring more than just the auto industry to it's knees.

If small companies and importers have a hard time, it doesn't mean that the domestics will have a cake walk meeting the regs.

Once they are done hammering the public on their vehicles, they will have to find other things to guilt people into giving up, because it is "bad for us".

Get the government out of our lives, and our business. Washington does NOT know better than you.

Get the government out of our lives, and our business. Washington does NOT know better than you.

:whore: i've been sayin this for quite a long time. as far as the supra goes, it really is pretty sad. especially since i would love to see toyota take a shot at the new GT-R

Whoa, this article is full of mistakes. I don't believe any of it for a second. Well except that we do know that the FJ is done.

1. The new Prius will not contain the 1.8L, instead it will be using a 1.6L that is brand new. This was confirmed by Toyota a month ago.

2. The redesigned Avalon is due out in the 2010 MY.

3. While I can't confirm this I highly doubt that Toyota would delay the return of the Supra, aka the FT-HS, when their is a Honda hybrid sports car arriving soon. Not too mention that the same technology is going into the LF-A supercar. The only reason that they might delay it would be to equip it from the getgo with Li-Ion batteries.

I see zero benefit from legislated fuel economy targets. Let the market decide how important fuel economy is to the consumer.

If it meant anything, low mpg vehicles would sit on the lots while hybrids would be out of stock. If that happened for long, auto makers would quit producing the non-selling vehicles on their own.

I've said it before: my Hemi Ram (4x4 quad cab) gets 9 mpg due to my driving style and I couldn't care less. If I like it enough to keep pouring in 93 octane at $4.40+ a gallon, that's my choice.

If it meant anything, low mpg vehicles would sit on the lots while hybrids would be out of stock. If that happened for long, auto makers would quit producing the non-selling vehicles on their own.

Which is what is happening now. :confused:

enjoy your petrol powered cars now, good times are gonna change soon.

Good times will have to come from electric motors. Electric motors have instantaneous and constant torque so the acceleration will actually be better than petrol engines. Obviously range is the problem for a pure EV but I think that's solvable in the foreseeable future. There will always be a sports car market, it will just come in the form of pure EV or a hybrid. I guess Toyota just didn't want to be the first one to test the water. It's probably waiting to see how the Honda CR-Z does before investing too much into a hybrid sports car.

I guess Toyota just didn't want to be the first one to test the water. It's probably waiting to see how the Honda CR-Z does before investing too much into a hybrid sports car.

The GS450h isn't selling that well. But then it costs more than the V8 GS...but its also faster and of course more efficient.

Can you imagine a Legacy with a 250 HP gasoline engine connected to a Li-ioned powered electric motor producing 60 horses or so? Oh, that would be sweet.

Archived