LegacyGT.com

Exterior rear window door trim TORN

Dergara

exact same thing on my passenger side rear door.

It only bothers me when I go to buckle up my kid and I see it flapping around.

Didn't bother me enough to fix it though. Dealer would tell me that stage 2 and aftermarket wheels and tires caused the damage, thus 'no warranty'.

Bastards.

That's because with Stage 2, you obviously accelerate harder, causing greater G forces on the rubber strip, making them tear.

:lol:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tore mine hefting a Infant car seat in and out thousand of times. I am going to try Bicycle tube Patch kit. (Old Style) The older patches were the type you cut to fit, but the glue rocks.

I could warranty it, but the dealer will tell me I need a tune up, brakes, or something else to make up for the freebie. Oh yeah and Gold wheels deserves to have it torn, forgot.

“Abandon hope, all ye who enter here”

-Dante Alighieri

http://youtu.be/lLFunBPgPOo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Description: BELT MOULDING REAR left DRIVERS SIDE FOR 2005-2009 LEGACY OUTBACK ALL (item 2) comes with three clips, Part No.: 62280AG011, Fits Model: Outback

Year(s):2005-2009, Shipping Weight: 4, Price:$57

Description: BELT MOULDING REAR right PASSENGERS SIDE FOR 2005-2009 LEGACY OUTBACK ALL (item 2) comes with three clips, Part No.: 62280AG001, Fits Model: Outback

Year(s): 2005-2009, Shipping Weight: 4, Price: $57

Subarupartsforyou

REARWINDOW.thumb.jpg.3dbfc32b97fe8711ad7d260dba1b3158.jpg

“Abandon hope, all ye who enter here”

-Dante Alighieri

http://youtu.be/lLFunBPgPOo

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is very easy to do. Sorry no pics, I completed both sides in under 20 minutes.

1. roll the window down.

2. two screws one on either side of the molding

3. push the weather strip material downward (located fore and aft of the door) to access screws

4. take out screw with philips head. Careful, its about 1/4" in length and can fall down into door panel. Use the weather stripping to help catch the screw.

5. stand between the car and the open door reach over the top of the window and pull the belt molding up with quick firm motions. The yellow clips will either break or come detached from the belt molding and stay in place.

6. clean door lip off.

7. Take new molding and place on door lip. You should not have to realign the yellow clips as for they are in the right spot already.

8. lean the molding outward away from the window so you can see the yellow clips line up with the holes provided.

9. press down once aligned and roll the molding back towards the window and press down firmly.

10. Be careful not to bend the new molding while pressing down. There should be a dirt line (depending on age of your car) that will indicate just how far down you should go.

11. the molding will slide right to left about 3/4" once in place. this allows you to line up your screw holes and the strip in relationship to the door. Again, be careful while doing this, the molding could buckle while sliding left to right.

12. reinsert screws in screw hole locations, and admire your handy work.

This is very easy to do. I spent more time on my JDM rain visors.

• 3 months later...

I actually tried to repair mine - black RTV, on the inside (since this is where it doesn't meet up with my window, temporarily secured on both sides with blue painter's tape. Allowed to cure overnight.

It's actually been holding quite well, looks like-new, with no seam when viewed from the outside side.

I didn't expect it to work. :lol: I also have the new strips "waiting." :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I had this problem a few months ago on my driver's side. I tried crazy glue and that wouldn't hold and silicoln sealent would only hold for a few days since where the rubber strip tore is so narrow. I found a piece of clear plastic that is somewhat flexible (similar to those 20 oz soda bottles) and cut a square piece out and bent it so that it would fit nicely against the backside of the molding. I used a weather resistant type of glue that is also resistant to very cold and hot temperatures and it has been holding strong for a few months now. Beats spending 50+ bucks at the dealer.

Archived