LegacyGT.com

2009 Legacy is up on the Subaru Canada website

Here is the Link:

http://subaru.ca/WebPage.aspx?WebPageID=10973&Range=Legacy&ModelYear=2009&WebSiteID=282

Looking at the specs for the normally aspirated 2.5i, I am pleased to learn that the 2.5i Touring package doesn't have the PZEV engine featured on the 2.5i PZEV base model.

The base 2.5i PZEV is clearly aiming at the frugal eco-crowd, with PZEV badge on the trunk and PZEV embroidered floormats.

Not that I am against doing my reasonnable part for the environment, but the PZEV system costs more to build, uses more rare and expensive metals in the catalytic converter and fiddles with timing and mixture too much for my taste with a cold engine (I read the docs). All this for a mostly symbolic benefit. It's like trying to cleanup the St-Lawrence River by emptying a few bottles of Perrier into Lake Ontario.

There is enough added standard equipment on the Touring to justify the 2500$ premium: VDC, 17-inch wheel, moonroof, foglights, heated windshield, H-K sound system and some trim items.

So I guess if I am going to get a 2009 Legacy, it will be a 2.5i Touring or nothing. Future information about the 2010 Legacy will also be a determining factor.

Do you guys see the Bluetooth button on the nav hard buttons? It's the last one on the right? What gives? What's different between the US and Canadian nav systems that allows one to have Bluetooth while the other does not?

2105465522_SubaruCanadaNav.jpg.ad976b354fbe84a9709c2899c2253c8e.jpg

I caght the new "maroon" in the latest WIRED ad. Why no Brakes "(front): Ventilated discs (291 x 24 mm), dual piston calipers" on the spec b? Seems like they should offer some performance options standard on the spec.

Looking at the detailed canadian features, I am more than puzzled by the fact that the base 2.5i PZEV has mirror-mounted LED indicators, while the upgraded (2500$ more) 2.5i Touring doesn't...

Upgrade to the 2.5I Touring and get the prestigious "no mirror LEDs" option!

I have never seen a higher-hierarchy model stripped of an extra that is standard on the base model. :confused:

The mirror LED's are included on all models except the 2.5i Touring

Not a mistake, can be seen at a couple of places in the specs and corroborated with the images of various models.

How are you liking that Harmon Kardon system?

And if I may add a question...

Is there a USB key or SD card interface on the 2009 Harman Kardon audio system? I am not asking about iPod/Aux input but a direct USB or SD port.

And if I may add a question...

Is there a USB key or SD card interface on the 2009 Harman Kardon audio system? I am not asking about iPod/Aux input but a direct USB or SD port.

The headunit itself doesn't appear any different other than feeding to an amp under the passenger seat.

Archived