LegacyGT.com

Pretune setup...am I missing anything??

cipha1

Hi All,

I'm looking to get a tune in the next month or so and wanted to make sure i wasn't overlooking anything.

My current setup:

• cobb up/catted dp w/heat shield

• fujitsubo cbe

• avo tmic

• cobb intake w/box

If I do not plan on upgrading the turbo, is there anything else I should consider before the tune?

Infamous,

Can seem to find the prodrive anymore...would a GM 3 Port BCS suffice?

Thanks.

I've heard some good and bad things about the GM unit. There are a few vendors that are starting to pick the Prodrive stuff back up. There also was a thread in the vendor classifieds selling Prodrive goods not too long ago.

Just get the smaller pill. Its only a couple bucks and works great for the stock turbo. EBCS is really worthwhile for the cost on the stock turbo. You could look into some equal length headers or porting your stock manifold.

+1 smaller pill. $1.90 and about 20 minutes.

My '05 LGT

My '07 Supercharged Shelby

I may be in a similar situation some time soon. I thought the '06's did not have a restrictor pill.

The stock boost controller will not take certain target boost values? I thought I would just need an aftermarket BOV and be all set.

so i've decided to go with the EBCS....

if anyone is looking i was able to pick up a prodrive EBCS from vividracing.com (although i believe its shipping from cosworth in cali) for $118 plus shipping...

if after the tune i still have the itch, i will probably go with ELH and a retune.

with that in mind, is there anything else you guys would recommend considering before the tune?

What does the Prodrive EBCS offer vs. going with a smaller pill?

The short version of it is a 3 port EBCS is a blocking type solenoid. So boost will be blocked from the wastegate while at the same time bleeding any pressure that has been built up at the wastegate actuator. On the stock solenoid a bleed-type system, air is allowed to pass out of the vacuum lines thus reducing the pressure on the wastegate actuator. The 3 port is a tad quicker to respond which tends to make it a bit more touchy to dial in at times. Some say it really doesn't matter as the 3 port is never truely blocking 100%, however I have seen some setups where 100% WGDC was used to ramp up and hold boost in the higher rpms.

If I get the 04-06 STi pill, will it work for my current Cobb stage 2 map and a protuned stage 2 map I may get in the future?

Even though the STi pill is only slightly smaller I would be wary of swapping any pills without control of the WGDC's.

Even though the STi pill is only slightly smaller I would be wary of swapping any pills without control of the WGDC's.

So I'd be better off waiting until I get protuned and replacing the pill then, or should I get tuned with an aftermarket ECBS in addition to the pill?

Archived