LegacyGT.com

Is there going to be an aftermarket?

Holy melons! Can you say watermelon launchers! At least it looks that way. I like the twin-tip STi one better than a humongous tip like that. So if that tubing going in is like 2.5", thats a MASSIVE tip, like 6"+. Genome is overpriced anyhow. My 1.5cents.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that the stock mufflers [i]look[/i] great. With the dual muffler setup, I can't really imagine that replacing them would lessen that much backpressure. I really think that something like the TurboXS's stealthback with an up-pipe will generate the same power for a lot less money. Those shiny shooters are probably quite pricey if a single ScoobySport muffler is $520 (though one of the highest priced). I bet those Genome mufflers costs $1200 for the set. :shock:

• 4 months later...
I'll play this game: 1. Falken Azenis, 225/45/17. 2. STi springs., and poss. other handling mods if necessary (e.g., struts, sways). 3. Cobb Access Port. 4. Downpipe with high flow cat. One of the early GT owners confirmed the uppipe is catless, so one less mod/violation of emission laws for all of us.

[quote name='outahere']Who are the "big names" in the Subaru aftermarket business? I see Cobb mentioned in this thread, who are the others?[/quote] Here's a bit: AVO [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] APS [url]www.airpowersystems.com.au[/url] Ecutek [url]www.ecutek.com[/url] Godspeed (do they have anything of their "own"?) [url]www.godspeedinc.com[/url] Hayward & Scott (famous Scoobysport exhaust maker) [url]www.haywardandscott.co.uk[/url] Scoobysport [url]www.rallyperformance.com[/url] TurboXS [url]www.turboxs.com[/url] Vishnu Tuning [url]www.vishnutuning.com[/url] Who has the fastest WRX in the world? I can't remember their name right now. They have the 700hp package on the Rex. Funny how I can't remember jack sometimes.

[quote name='PPower'][quote name='outahere']Who are the "big names" in the Subaru aftermarket business? I see Cobb mentioned in this thread, who are the others?[/quote] Here's a bit: AVO [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] APS [url]www.airpowersystems.com.au[/url] Ecutek [url]www.ecutek.com[/url] Godspeed (do they have anything of their "own"?) [url]www.godspeedinc.com[/url] Hayward & Scott (famous Scoobysport exhaust maker) [url]www.haywardandscott.co.uk[/url] Scoobysport [url]www.rallyperformance.com[/url] TurboXS [url]www.turboxs.com[/url] Vishnu Tuning [url]www.vishnutuning.com[/url] Who has the fastest WRX in the world? I can't remember their name right now. They have the 700hp package on the Rex. Funny how I can't remember jack sometimes.[/quote] Yes Godspeed have some of their own exhaust stuff, I believe. And ESX has the fastest WRX in the world, I do believe.

Here is a number I generally visit to check out pricing and other info. Some I only check very few products. Right now it is mostly WRX stuff, but I think we'll see that changing somewhat in the near future as the GT shows it's potential. [u]OE parts & more[/u] [url=www.subaruwrxparts.com]Exeter Subaru[/url] [url=www.japanparts.com]Japan Parts[/url] [url=www.subaruparts.com]Subaruparts.com[/url] [u]ECU & Tuning[/u] [url=www.cobbtuning.com]Cobb Tuning[/url] [url=www.i-speedusa.com]i-Speed[/url] [url=www.vishnuperformance.com]Vishnu Performance[/url] [u]General Vendors[/u] [url=www.boxer4racing.com]Boxer4Racing[/url] [url=www.flat4engineering.com]Flat 4 Engineering[/url] [url=www.gruppe-S.com]Gruppe-S[/url] [url=www.mrtrally.com.au/performance]Middleton Rally Team[/url] [url=www.prodrive-usa.com]Prodrive-USA[/url] [url=www.rallispec.com]RalliSpec[/url] [url=www.rev-lab.com]Rev-Lab[/url] [url=www.turboxs.com]TurboXS[/url] [url=www.vividracing.com]Vivid Racing[/url]

I am generally pretty close to mine for most things, call me anal, but I almost always plot things out way in advance. (I know DM will call me on it. :lol: ) After my first car and getting into AutoX and such now, I'm doing my upgrade path according to class and limitations for the most part.

<- As of last night, has jumped approx. 50hp across the entire powerband according to the widowmaker at Kodaira autobacs. In hotter weather since the baseline run, to boot. Updates and photos will come soonish, new camera = learning curve on shots. The 2.0 GT twinscroll is *much* easier to tune than the twin-turbos! Cheers, Paul Hansen

Paul, your car is lookin' sexy!! Those rims are Japan-spec WRX STi rims aren't they? What happened to your bronze five-spoke STI rims? I wonder how those would look if you had them on your car lowered.
-ben

Archived