LegacyGT.com

Is there going to be an aftermarket?

Incredibly busy today... AVO springs - testing. About 15mm lower front and rear from stock. They are also softer than a JDM GT spring set, ride better with no jiggle, good handling but not track setup. They would be significantly stiffer than USDM setup though, and would be ideal for the war-torn streets of most American cities. AVO exhaust - pure prototype. Sounds very sweet, a low basso profundo bwwwwwooooooop, and has helped tremendously for getting off the line because you can easily tell the rpm's now. Big thumbs up. The sub-computer has been sussed out, boost actuator setup. We've gone from 237ps on that dyno's initial stock, baseline run (in colder weather) to 288ps. Up to 260ft/lb's of torque from an initial of about 224ft/lbs. Pulls longer and harder. Center section of exhaust, downpipe are still stock, so more to come. Some other bits and pieces and we'll be past 300ps on that dyno in no time. BTW, the ATW figure is 260ps, about 257hp. So the Kodaira dyno is assuming a very low powertrain loss figure for that 288ps. On most american dyno setups (with adequete cooling as well) we'd be quite a bit past 300... Cheers, Paul Hansen

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can your new camera record video?? Haha. I want to see your baby in action! Or maybe a sound clip would be nice too. :D Haha, regardless, those are some impressive gains! Can't wait till they're done with the prototypes so we can see the real thing and hear about it.
-ben

Wow, nice results Paul. Let's get some videos of dynos runs, or maybe, as axis suggested, a sound slip of the exhaust note. I was just thinking about it, and maybe some of the more "hardcore" drivers could use the stock JDM GT springs which would only lower a little, if at all on the USDM GT (if you're IN to that sort of thing).

[quote name='apexjapan']Tease 2[/quote] delicious! I like the gold with the RBP, but I think i will shoot for a more bronze/gunmetal color though. Although I do like those STi rims. Those are version 7 rims right? (I know I am going to be off on this one ;)) I will never get tired of looking at pics of your car Paul!

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']delicious! I like the gold with the RBP, but I think i will shoot for a more bronze/gunmetal color though. Although I do like those STi rims. Those are version 7 rims right? (I know I am going to be off on this one ;)) I will never get tired of looking at pics of your car Paul![/quote] Get gold wheels and get over it. The dark overtones of the RBP make it much more suitable for Gold. I think AB might look better with gunmetal.

The car is seriously quick now :D It'll put a scare up lots of supposedly faster cars now - but the new Impreza is just around the corner now too, and is being tweaked a fair bit too - so will be quicker in a straight line, and even quicker on the handling front. Importantly for me, it now sounds excellent, too. Got a bit of Ducati to it!! The Boxer is now with voice :D Dr. Zevil, yer right, the rims are not version 7 (what is a V7? :wink: ). Those are off the GDB, and are still the std STi rims here. BBSs are part of an options pack here (and are eyewateringly expensive IMHO). Cheers :)

[quote name='apexjapan2']The car is seriously quick now :D It'll put a scare up lots of supposedly faster cars now - but the new Impreza is just around the corner now too, and is being tweaked a fair bit too - so will be quicker in a straight line, and even quicker on the handling front. Importantly for me, it now sounds excellent, too. Got a bit of Ducati to it!! The Boxer is now with voice :D Dr. Zevil, yer right, the rims are not version 7 (what is a V7? :wink: ). Those are off the GDB, and are still the std STi rims here. BBSs are part of an options pack here (and are eyewateringly expensive IMHO). Cheers :)[/quote] That's what I mean, the GDB STi rims.. I am a moron sometimes.. I must have been drunk at work. :lol: I didn't think those rims were that spendy, but they are definitely beautiful...

Archived