LegacyGT.com

Anyone have comparitive Cobb OTS Stage2 tune vs Pro Tune numbers?

Vsick

• 3 weeks later...

For the must part pro tunes are better. If the tuner is better. With my stage2 tune I get between 277hp and 293whp . My car is post #90. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91718&page=3

If you look on that thread you will see graphs of other tunes. Cobbs are from what I have see very safe maps that make good power(not great) and people have had few problems with cobb maps. You do more reseach and you will find some probles with other tuners. Some will pull timing, run too lean, etc... Some don't want to leave any power on the table and get too agressive. Just be sure with any tune you get to datalog your car on the road to make sure is safe.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

For the must part pro tunes are better. If the tuner is better. With my stage2 tune I get between 277hp and 293whp . My car is post #90. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91718&page=3

If you look on that thread you will see graphs of other tunes. Cobbs are from what I have see very safe maps that make good power(not great) and people have had few problems with cobb maps. You do more reseach and you will find some probles with other tuners. Some will pull timing, run too lean, etc... Some don't want to leave any power on the table and get too agressive. Just be sure with any tune you get to datalog your car on the road to make sure is safe.

Here is a direct link to your post:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1963058&postcount=90

Thanks for sharing it

I was wondering if anyone has done this.

Pretty much looking for a dyno plot with the OTS Cobb StageII map, and a plot for a pro tune with the same setup.

fwiw my ots rallitek is 16 psi tapering to 13.5 at redline.

stage 1 on a 07 5eat.

sorry, no dyno.

I tuned this car, and FWIW it put down even stronger power than that. ;)

Now you admit my car is not slow.:lol:

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Got the Pro Tune today (literally about 20 minutes ago) at GST Motorsports.

Thanks to the guys at GST and Mike for doing a great job on the car.

Car feels much more responsive and pulls hard in second and third gears.

First run is Base run using Cobb OTS Stage 2 91 ACN map.

Second run is with the additional of a GM boost solenoid and Mikes Pro Tune.

The car definitly drives better......Personally when I flashed my car to stageI I felt quite a difference in overall smoothness. When I went to Stage2 using the Cobb OTS map, i could feel the additional torque, but didn't feel a drastic improvement. Going to a stage2 protune, I defintly felt a huge difference in overal power and smoothess of power. Car feels lighter haha.

Not bad for the price...additional 20hp.

Mods:

STI catless UP

Megan Catless DP

X01 Mid and Y pipes + Stock mufflers

AVO panel filter

GM 3port Boost Solenoid

Thats pretty close to the baseline I plotted you based upon your logs.

211whp/ 256wtq

222whp/ 261wtq

Yes indeed pretty close

Did a quick search on stage2 pro tunes....seems like there is quite a bit of variation between different runs from different people.

I see it ranging from about 225hp to 260hp. Is this usually due to more aggressive tunes? 92 octane versus 91 octane? Altitude?

Yes indeed pretty close

Did a quick search on stage2 pro tunes....seems like there is quite a bit of variation between different runs from different people.

I see it ranging from about 225hp to 260hp. Is this usually due to more aggressive tunes? 92 octane versus 91 octane? Altitude?

Your results are base upon the CA91 oct and the low reading mustang dyno. GST has a known heartbreaker. However you gained nearly 20whp/20wtq that should give a nice kick in the pants.

Your results are base upon the CA91 oct and the low reading mustang dyno. GST has a known heartbreaker. However you gained nearly 20whp/20wtq that should give a nice kick in the pants.

I know what you mean Infamous. Dyno numbers should generally never be looked at as absolute numbers, since setup/hardware can varie quite a bit from place to place. The best way to look at it is how much improvement you are getting from a base run. You know you are getting an improvement since the base run was run on the same test bed.

What is really impressive is the increase from just the tune alone.

I believe mike was getting about 220-230whp on that dyno from a stock sti. For me at 237whp, not to bad for a little over a grand in engine mods.

20whp/20wtq is definitely worth the price of the tune. Its as if I bought a 20whp inexpensive bolt that not only improves power, but makes the car run better and drives smoother. Honestly, after driving around a bit more since the tune.....the car feels like a different car. The additional torque at the mid range level makes this heavy wagon feel nimble.

Just curious.....but if my stock Jbwelded TMIC explodes and I decide to get a aftermarket TMIC.....will a new protune be neccessary? I know folks said it doesn't matter for the OTS stageII map....but not sure about a pro tune.

Now onto suspension......

Just curious.....but if my stock Jbwelded TMIC explodes and I decide to get a aftermarket TMIC.....will a new protune be neccessary? I know folks said it doesn't matter for the OTS stageII map....but not sure about a pro tune.

That is a tough one, the problem is the pressure drop of the stock IC vs the aftermarket. The wastegate duty cycles needed to hit target boost may be lower/higher, this can cause you to hit different load ranges that can cause you to possibly knock. The only way to truely be sure is to install it then log to see the results.

Archived