LegacyGT.com

the car just doesn't drive the same!

SSpeed

WOW!!!! I have to admit that I was somewhat skeptical of a ProTune at first, but my constant partial throttle knock problems convinced me to give it a try...

WOW!!!! I'll say it again... it's like I have a different car... baseline power was a little higher than the Cobb Stg2 map, but the huge difference is off-boost... driving around off boost the car feels like a big V6 now.... and wow it's smooth when the turbo comes on... I like the feeling of the hammer falling, my girlfriend hates it... now the car just goes and you don't even notice how fast it's accelerating...

On the way home, I saw higher numbers on the instantaneous mpg than I've ever seen, usually that thing is sucking down the gas and I was lucky to get 23mpg on the highway...

Over 90deg outside and the AVO IC was HOT! I'll have to investigate how to remedy that, it's possibly doing more harm than good.... Everything is great at the moment, I'm hoping my car doesn't learn its way to knocking again.

Thanks Adam, I'm very happy!

Sspeed, if you don't mind, please keep us posted on the mpg change I'm interested to see what kind of an increase you see over the Cobb map. Granted I understand for the first couple of fillups it might be little lower ;) but once you stop ringing it out and go back to driving normally let us know.
The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

ScoobySTI07 - can do, I expect it will be a big change as I was knocking fairly badly at partial throttle right off the dealer lot and Adam smoothed that out nicely.

ronburgandy21 - Ceramic coated Cobb DP, AVO mid and Y with true 3in flange (got rid of the reduction flange), stock mufflers, AVO TMIC (interior polished to remove casting marks)...

Granted it was over 90deg out, but the AVO IC was so hot you couldn't put your hand on it, I probably would have gotten better numbers on a stock IC... It's a good possibility this may be different out on the road as airflow through the scoop is different... I think first I'll make a partial chimney heatshield to shield the IC from the turbo and see how much heat that keeps off of it... if that doesn't work I might go back to the stocker... I was limited to 14psi because of the heat of the intake charge...

Seems better for sure... I was out of town in New York all this week so I haven't got a huge baseline, plus I've been driving it harder... :) Even so, it's still getting better than it got before!

Another thanks for a great tune today, RP!

I made about 29mpg highway and 24mpg city on the way back, too. :cool:

edit: My peak numbers were 217/262. Not too shabby, considering I asked for a conservative tune.

I will most likely be getting an e85 tune next week from Adam. I can't wait.

Again - outstanding, Scott. Outstanding.

Re: gas mileage - both tanks I've burned thru since my tune have been 24.007 and 25.130 mpg respectively. And I don't baby the car - not at all.

Awesome Numbers!

Damn now I cant wait for my car to be put back together and see what the UR 18g and Alliance Tuning TMIC will do on this dyno :)

Need help putting it back together? I'm all primed up again. :)

Sspeed, if you don't mind, please keep us posted on the mpg change I'm interested to see what kind of an increase you see over the Cobb map. Granted I understand for the first couple of fillups it might be little lower ;) but once you stop ringing it out and go back to driving normally let us know.

One of our Stage II customers has reported 27-30mpg average on his gas mileage display.

Adam & Matt

Revolutions Performance

417 E. Vermijo

Colorado Springs, CO 80903

Store | Contact Info | Website

Need help putting it back together? I'm all primed up again. :)

:lol: I gave up when I broke the oil feed line below the turbo. Besides the turbo isnt here untill the 25th. Adam ill be calling soon again to set an appointment.

My car has been running a protune from RP for about 6 months, the driveability is awesome. Still get compliments all the time about how smooth and strong my power band is, I can not wait to get my green and fmic installed at the end of next month. ;)

Man you are going to do well with that setup. We did another legacy with an fp green and front mount and he got 300whp on pump and 340 on e85. In fact, that is what i want to put on my Legacy GT when i get a chance.

Adam & Matt

Revolutions Performance

417 E. Vermijo

Colorado Springs, CO 80903

Store | Contact Info | Website

So how is your MPG looking on Adam's tune?

Well, I'm back down to the normal 21mpg... time to hook up the datalogger... did that and found my car has found it's way back to knocking at partial throttle again...

The tune was freaking awesome, the driveability since then is great, the knock is a whole other issue that only my car and a few others seem to have... So rather than ruin this great post, I started a different one.

Matt, I know Adam is a busy dude, but I posted some logs there if he wants to take a look.. the logs were on a cool night, 66deg right now, so IC heatsoak shouldn't be a big problem....

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90768

Still very happy with the tune, it knocked this much and more when stock... No one else should worry, only a few of us seem to have this problem... I need a Galant... :)

• 2 weeks later...
how do you drive your car. i live in colo springs and get avg 27 on the highway around 25-26 with ac full blast at 75mph and on a stock lgt with kn intake

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

Archived