LegacyGT.com

Is this part possible to get?

I'm looking to put a switch in one of those "blank-off" spots underneath the mirror adjustment. See second to last picture of this thread

I don't see it on these parts lists:

7524450.gif

So I was wondering if it's possible to just get a working switch to replace a blank off.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

Not sure. I think #4 is the entire mirror adjusting/illumination setup. Underneath are 3 buttons for windshield wiper heaters, traction control (if you have it), and another button?

I want to a function button that would go in the right slot.

I attached a picture. I know the contacts are already there underneath the blanks, so I am just looking for a function button to make use of those contacts. I want a custom switch that looks completely OEM.

CIMG2180.jpg.0da611fba2139e47d36ddc12cad78f86.jpg

I think the entire sub-assembly is item 3 (notice the box around parts 4,5 & 6?) and the buttons are item 4. I'm not sure that the buttons are symmetrical, otherwise you could get a heated mirror button from the junkyard and put it in over the contacts. If they are indeed asymmetrical, you would have to find a JDM part with the VDC/Folding Mirrors/Adjustable HIDS, or just take a VDC button from a USDM model thus equipped.

I would love to fill these spots with functional OEM buttons as well... but for the life of me, I can't think of anything useful to put there! What did you have in mind?

Unclemat may have found the part number of the JDM version, IIRC.

I think you are right. I've attached a picture and it looks similar.

That's what I'm trying to figure out, if they're asymmetrical or not, and then where I can get the appropriate part to replace the right (and maybe center) "blank" button.

I just installed a CarPC this weekend, and am going to put an On/OFF (valet) switch there and/or reset button. I don't want to drill holes elsewhere if I don't have too. Plus, this would be sick to have :p

CIMG2179.jpg.ce630be305fd4aa9f6707607a1127fc6.jpg

i put my fog light switch in those 2 blanks. i used a dremel tool to cut out a spot. then i attached the switch and covered the gaps with the provided face trim plate. it was easy. you have the take off the fuse door to reach behind and disconnect the mirror hook ups.

I used this spot for the power switch on my radar jammer. I originally tried drilling out the dummy switch for a custom one but it didn't come out too well. So I searched around the local auto parts store and found a rocker switch that just about fit. I say just about because i had to wrap some electrical tape around it for it to fit snug in there. Added a little glue and its as good as OEM. ;)

I know its not in the spot you wanted but just showing you there might be easier options if you use the other dummy switch.

IMG_4371.thumb.jpg.00127959a556ed39611c1620ee11ea20.jpg

I used this spot for the power switch on my radar jammer. I originally tried drilling out the dummy switch for a custom one but it didn't come out too well. So I searched around the local auto parts store and found a rocker switch that just about fit. I say just about because i had to wrap some electrical tape around it for it to fit snug in there. Added a little glue and its as good as OEM. ;)

I know its not in the spot you wanted but just showing you there might be easier options if you use the other dummy switch.

Looks pretty good (though the red really stands out). I know there are easier options but I really, REALLY want the OEM switch :lol: (I'm very anal)

I will try and try and try, and if it comes down to it, my last resort will be one of the "easier options" :(

If I am not mistaken the VDC switch goes in that location if so equipped.

Nope! - It's the adjustable height for the headlights! The VDC button is the lower right button.

http://www.bedug.com/pics/headlight_adj.jpg

The other end looks like this (ringed in green):

http://www.bedug.com/pics/DSC00091.JPG

453747.png

Looks pretty good (though the red really stands out). I know there are easier options but I really, REALLY want the OEM switch :lol: (I'm very anal)

I will try and try and try, and if it comes down to it, my last resort will be one of the "easier options" :(

They sell other colors but the red matches my interior at night ;)

And I hear ya about the OEM look. The only sure way I suppose would be to find a JDM switch and cannibalize it to fit yours. Good luck!

Ah ok cool. I had a few gf's from there lol. :lol:

Anyway If you're there on a wed night you should hit up one of the Lowes meets around 8:30-9pm. It's not too far from seaford and theres usually a good turnout. PM me if ya interested! We def need more legacys!!

I wold love to have that too. if it were me id wire it to the remote wire for my sub amp (when i install my system in my car) I always like to have a switch for that so I can turn off my subwoofer and sub amp at the touch of a button. Drive in theater, listening to the news and too much bass comming through, hanging out outside @ party or for some other reason listening to music without the car running for extended periods of time, really nice to have...

• 10 months later...

Bumping an old thread... Does anyone know part numbers for the VDC switch or the headlight adjust knob, or anything else that goes into that little cluster?

I want to put a CarPC power switch there too. I could drill it, but an OEM switch would be 100x cooler.

Archived