LegacyGT.com

Brakeswap.com Performance Brake Kit for LGT!

magnetic1

I figured I'd post for the Outback people in the room. Will these fit under our stock rims and can we make substitutions on the lines, etc. to make the package specific to our cars kind of like Burger King so I can have it my way?
The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I figured I'd post for the Outback people in the room. Will these fit under our stock rims and can we make substitutions on the lines, etc. to make the package specific to our cars kind of like Burger King so I can have it my way?

They'd fit LGT 17" wheels. We havent done testing on an Outback so I cant say for sure.

As far as substitutions on the lines, what do you mean? Color?

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

http://www.brakeswap.com

Carbotech, Hawk, PFC, DBA Rotors, Motul, Wilwood, Castrol...

Great service. No bumping required :icon_tong!

I have plenty of experience with Wilwoods-- original now-obsolete Perrin-Wilwoods, and current 6-piston, 4-piston setup on 2002 WRX. If you ask me, they are a pain. Wilwoods are for race cars. I got both sets used. I'd never buy them again.

They'd fit LGT 17" wheels. We havent done testing on an Outback so I cant say for sure.

As far as substitutions on the lines, what do you mean? Color?

If they fit under LGT rims, they will go under OXT rims...

Lines should be the same for both cars.

:spin:

I figured the calipers would fit.

As for the lines I think the Outbacks are actually longer. In fact magnetic on your website you even have the ability to select outback vs legacy brake lines and they cost like $10 more.

As for other substitutions (e.g. rear rotor size, pad style) I figure that would be more on a on a case by case basis if you choose to add the option of rear slotted rotors and pads for a small added charge.

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

I figured the calipers would fit.

As for the lines I think the Outbacks are actually longer. In fact magnetic on your website you even have the ability to select outback vs legacy brake lines and they cost like $10 more.

As for other substitutions (e.g. rear rotor size, pad style) I figure that would be more on a on a case by case basis if you choose to add the option of rear slotted rotors and pads for a small added charge.

Agreed. And yes, the Outback uses a different part number than the LGT for lines :)

We may need to fine tune the production though. The caliper brackets turned out to be too wide and hits the heat shield that attaches to the hub. Our initial test car did not have this heat shield on. Shouldnt be too hard to rework it and cut off 1/4". Will keep you guys informed as to the progress!

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

• 1 month later...
Bump for updates. Would these be available in Red. Not a fan of the black. Besides, the red would look better on SWP w/gold rims... IMHO. ;)
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Bump for updates. Would these be available in Red. Not a fan of the black. Besides, the red would look better on SWP w/gold rims... IMHO. ;)

they make high temp paint just for people like you :cool:

they make high temp paint just for people like you :cool:

:lol: yeah I know. It's just that Wilwood has them available on their site, so just asking...;)

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I had Wilwoods on my old civic(yes, I am embarrassed to admit I modded a civic). Stopped like a mutha, but the "street" pads squealed like a stuck pig. As if driving a civic wasn't bad enough, everyone had to know when I was stopping. I hope they have worked that out!

For someone who has lines and rotors, will there be a package deal of only the calipers, hardware, a choice of pads (f&r) and fluid?

We will. Hoping to post new info this coming week!

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

Maybe I missed it but...will the set up fit stock rotors, or will the rotors be larger diam (and perhaps thicker)? Might be interested but one problem is I have about 3 new sets of racing pads for stock calipers :-0 Them ain't cheap...

A side question...how do you know when you need a caliper rebuild?

Maybe I missed it but...will the set up fit stock rotors, or will the rotors be larger diam (and perhaps thicker)? Might be interested but one problem is I have about 3 new sets of racing pads for stock calipers :-0 Them ain't cheap...

A side question...how do you know when you need a caliper rebuild?

When the caliper binds or when u have really uneven pad wear.

We've made these to utilize stock sized rotors.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

For someone who has lines and rotors, will there be a package deal of only the calipers, hardware, a choice of pads (f&r) and fluid?

I may be interested in this package too.

Me too(or 3, or whatever..)

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

• 2 weeks later...

I assume a big difference between these is that they're 4 pot vs stock's 2 pot that only actuate from one side. Can you let folks know the advantage of this (magnetic & maybe Xenonk)? I would think it's not just having more pots, but that it's symetric, unlike the stock.

This may be a good selling point for folks who don't know much about calipers (like me).

I assume a big difference between these is that they're 4 pot vs stock's 2 pot that only actuate from one side. Can you let folks know the advantage of this (magnetic & maybe Xenonk)? I would think it's not just having more pots, but that it's symetric, unlike the stock.

This may be a good selling point for folks who don't know much about calipers (like me).

Mainly:

-These calipers that weigh under 5 pounds each!

-Lots of pad choices from Hawk, Performance Friction, Carbotech, Porterfield and more! Not only that, but pads are cheaper.

-Much better and consistent pedal feel throughout its use! Too bad we cant offer a test drive. Once you feel how the pedal is, it's almost sure deal. Stock calipers also have a chance of uneven or tapered wear.

-And they look cooler, fit under stock wheels and have many rotor options as well.

Free Sonax Cleaner Deal

Mainly:

-These calipers that weigh under 5 pounds each!

-Lots of pad choices from Hawk, Performance Friction, Carbotech, Porterfield and more! Not only that, but pads are cheaper.

-Much better and consistent pedal feel throughout its use! Too bad we cant offer a test drive. Once you feel how the pedal is, it's almost sure deal. Stock calipers also have a chance of uneven or tapered wear.

-And they look cooler, fit under stock wheels and have many rotor options as well.

I hear you about cheaper pads, but.. Given that it's over $1K to begin with, saving $50 on a set of pads that will last me 20-30K miles easily isn't really that big a selling feature..

Archived