LegacyGT.com

Hood Scoop Sucking Up Crap!!!

ok so i have had my 08 LGT for less than a week. i popped my hood to show a friend the engine bay and my tmic has bent flanges, a few little pebbles, and some leafy looking things from trees all sitting on my intercooler. what the hell? so now i wana build some type of mesh filter to stick in the hood scoop to protect the TMIC from this type of crap entering through the scoop again. has anyone else encountered this problem (i doubt i'm the only one who has encountered this), and how exactly did they resolve this issue?

definitly not using soap to fix bent fins. that looks like it will get the job done i kinda wanted something that kept it from entering the scoop all together. i'm not looking for the boy racer look but i will have to see if i can somehow get the mesh in the scoop. thanks for the assistance.

Just stay out of the gravel roads. :rolleyes:

A modification like the one for this Lotus maybe?

http://www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/elise/experience/modifications/grille/meshgrille.html

A source for building your own:

http://www.alibaba.com/catalogs/903/Wire_Mesh.html

Maybe build your own from either a barbecue or some barbed wire? Just be sure to build one that doesn't restrict the airflow too much!

453747.png

um, what did you expect?

It's a scoop. It scoops. Mostly air, but sometimes other stuff.

Every once in a while, open the hood and point a hose at the IC.

Or you can build something complex is silly, which you will have to point a hose at every once in a while.

Or, just drive backwards all the time.

P.

yea i know the scoop is supposed to suck things up but i would've though there would be sometype of filter to keep out the garbage. i will be building some type of filtration device to fix this issue in the next few days

Its really not a big deal, unless you really want to fabricate a filtration device for fun just rinse your intercooler and move on. If something did go wrong with your intercooler from debris (it wont) then you can go to your dealership and say "fix this trash under my warranty, I don't buy new cars to fabricate filters for them!"

it happens...

look at your radiator through the grill.. its doing it too. Over time radiators and ICs are going to have fins flatted.. its normal wear and tear. So long as you dont have tons of fins bent flat it shouldn't make a big difference in efficientcy.

STOP HIGHLIGHTING MY TYPOS IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE AN EFFORT TO CORRECT THEM!

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

it happens...

look at your radiator through the grill.. its doing it too. Over time radiators and ICs are going to have fins flatted.. its normal wear and tear. So long as you dont have tons of fins bent flat it shouldn't make a big difference in efficientcy.

STOP HIGHLIGHTING MY TYPOS IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO MAKE AN EFFORT TO CORRECT THEM!

Did you just upgrade to Firefox?

no I've had firefox for years. Does it have a spell check feature I'm just missing? I've been using it since it had the gross memory leaks that makes your browser crash :lol: I dont recall it doing this until the last year or so. I thought it was a forum feature.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

no I've had firefox for years. Does it have a spell check feature I'm just missing? I've been using it since it had the gross memory leaks that makes your browser crash :lol: I dont recall it doing this until the last year or so. I thought it was a forum feature.
The spell-check feature was added to Firefox recently. You can probably turn it off but it looks like you need all the help you can get. If you right-click on a misspelled word, you'll see a list of possible words in bold at the top of the menu that you can click on to correct the misspelling or you can add the word to Firefox's dictionary.

Archived