LegacyGT.com

Thatll Buff right out.. yes?

Canon20D

I was at the BK Lounge today, pickin up some lunch, and i usually sit near the window cause i leave my windows down..

well I saw some old woman in an old Mercury sable wagon back up from the spot next to me.

She pulled back and I saw it and thought "hah, shes going to need to try that at least 2 more times!"

Then she just kept creeping and I thought "wow, maybe she has more room tha...." then I saw my car start to move!

MF!!!! I run out but at that point shes already leaving, so I grab the plates, and call the po po. they send out a cop and i give my side of what happened.. they run the plates.

DOB : 1919...

GAH!!!!

Heres the result..

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3034/2548829775_71de6def5c.jpg?v=0

What should I do? I am assuming the cost of the bumper is ~ the cost of my deductible. I dont think buffing will work since its plastic, but can i sand paper or do i just call the ins. and get a new bumper?

Damn it, my car was all nice n minty :(

I would break out the bottle of Goo Gone to remove most of the white transfer but you can bet the black lines are there to stay... I have something similar on the OBP Wagon...

Good luck

damn crazy granny, and thats one reason you shouldnt drive over 75 lol, yea id say that would have to be refinished, but since she did run then her insurance should cover it, well thats how it works in canada anyways.

Good luck let us know what happens

03 BH

Mods: Group A Alt & Crank Pullys and end links,

CIA, JDM L7 Grille, JDM HID lights, JDM rear tails

Stromung CBE, KYB GR2's W/ H&R springs.

on a side note about elderly drivers, buddy almost got run over on his new street bike by an elderly woman who two lane turned into him and wrote off his bike, she briefly stopped seen what she did then took off, unfortunately no one got the plate and hes out a new bike..

03 BH

Have the police get her insurance information. Call her insurance company and have her pay the deductible on her insurance. Make sure you explain to her insurance that it was a hit and run. That bitch should not be driving.

also get a copy of the police report as well, it will state that it was a hit and run and the insurance company will need a copy of the report for a settlement

03 BH

Oooh nice - I like it! Make her pay for my damage!

My ded. was 750 so it would be a wash if I had to pay..

Ill get a copy tomorrow. The cop was "Going to have a talk with her" so ill have to see what the report states, but im 99.999% that itll be a hit n run, and not a "old woman, didnt notice she hit someone, so she didnt know to stop..."

i dont care how old and crippled you are, the most minor bump you can feel so she had to of known that she did, and if nothing comes of it, make something come of it, we as younger ppl pay a premium for insurance for "just in case" bullshit and i can dam well bet that if it was one of us we would of been nailed to the wall over it and made an example of, so make sure she is made to be an example.

sorry for the rant i hate when shit like this happens, and i see it all to often since i work at a collision center.

03 BH

That does not need a replacement, just a re-spray.

X

well it would need some 2-part bumper epoxy to fill in the few gouges that were left there.. and by gouges i mean the black areas where the paint is completely gone.

03 BH

Yeah just a bit, but believe me if done right it will look better than new.

I had recent experience in the process of fixing things like that, and it is not that difficult with the right prep time and good materials. No need for a new bumper.

X

---

thats pretty much what i do all day at work at the point in my apprenticeship, fix bumpers.. best bet if they repair it is to use the 3-M flexible bumper repair epoxy

03 BH

thats pretty much what i do all day at work at the point in my apprenticeship, fix bumpers.. best bet if they repair it is to use the 3-M flexible bumper repair epoxy

Yes, but if you want them to come back for some other reason, then better not use the epoxy ;):lol:

Woops you scrape it again and the paint did not hold? That'll e another $150! LMAO!

J/K Flexible additives for sure. The Subaru paint is nothing to write home about.

And to the OP get one of these for your next parking experience:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31ldFnlGF1L._SS400_.jpg

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Bumper-Bully-Ultimate-Protector-Protection/dp/B000XEBI9K]Amazon.com: Bumper Bully - The Ultimate Outdoor Bumper Protector, Rear Bumper Guard, Extreme Bumper Protection: Automotive[/ame]

X

---

so i finally got the police report

not only does it say that shes got to appear in court for a hit n run, it says "She acknowledged she hit the vehicle, but did not stop because she didnt think there was any damage"

Well I want to update the police report if possible, since its incorrect as it states she BACKED into me, not front in.. but either way... She admitted she hit my car!

FTW! Right?

Don't see how she can get away from this one. She hit the vehicle and didn't even get out to see if there is damage, just assumed there wasn't any and left? She might not get the hit-and-run charge but her insurance will have to pay for it almost certainly.

well she did admit to a hit and run, she knew she did it, she admit it in the police report so shes SOL at this point, if you have a concern with the police report go back to the station and say there is an error that you would like to correct that she backed into you not front first, something like that might not be a worry since she did admit but better safe on your end

03 BH

i dont care how old and crippled you are, the most minor bump you can feel so she had to of known that she did, and if nothing comes of it, make something come of it, we as younger ppl pay a premium for insurance for "just in case" bullshit and i can dam well bet that if it was one of us we would of been nailed to the wall over it and made an example of, so make sure she is made to be an example.

sorry for the rant i hate when shit like this happens, and i see it all to often since i work at a collision center.

I agree. I have nothing but respect for older people or all people for that matter but sometimes especially in these situations some older people try to play the elderly card.:mad: Screw that. You know you hit a parked car. Trust me if you hit her car she would have felt it.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Your deductible shouldn't factor in to this at all.

Have you heard from her / her insurance?

Incorrect, the deductible factors in regardless of fault. It's even your responsibility to try and recover the money from the guilty party but, as a courtesy, most insurance companies will try to on your own behalf. If unsuccessful, it's on your hands.

That's why it's called a deductible and you pay a smaller premium if you have one.

If you pursue her insurance company, none of what I just wrote matters, they should cover your expenses in full. Get a quote from 2 independent shops for a new bumper and just fix the one you have ;)

Archived