LegacyGT.com

Turbo Back Exhaust owner warning

hodgeee

Well, found a new issue, and talked to Perrin and Cobb about it today. It turns out that if you are going to run a turbo back exhaust system, and you have done the up-pipe on our Legacy's, that you do the 2.2K resistor mod to the up-pipe instead of leaving the EGT sensor in.

While attempting to use my cruise control, like clockwork at 15 minutes the check engine light would come on, and the cruise control light would flash and not turn off. The car gave a P0546 cel for the EGT reading being to low temperature. It turns out without any cats or reduced cats in the system, that the exhaust temperatures run much lower in the vehicle, and this throws the cell. Now for some reason it only happens when the cruise control is on.

I have done the resistor mod and now my cruise control works fine. And Cobb tuning stated that they will have that Cell turned off in future maps. This also is a very common problem with WRX and STI owners from reading other reviews on nosaic and what not.

Just throwing this out there so no one else has to worry about running into this!

They said that the cruise control, was one of the problems, but just in general the egt sensor could cause a lot of problems. Mine was to the CC, as some had experienced, others would get all kinds of crazy problems.

I guess it just pretty much turns out, if you do the up-pipe, do the resister mod PERIOD!!!!!!!

Archived