LegacyGT.com

Rota GForce 18x8.5 w/ 235/40/18s

abakja1

last week i mounted a set of 225/40R/18 yokohama s-drive tires on a set of 18x8.5 wheels with an offset of 35 and they didnt rub on smooth pavement. but as asoon as i hit the slighest of bumps the rubbing was unbearable. i got all of 5 blocks away from the shop before i had to turn back. the rubbing caused the rubber molding on the rear passenger side to come off and disappear. i don't know if this will help you but its the experince i had. i will be ordering 18x7.5's to play it safe this time around. (i have not dropped my LGT yet, it is all stock)

The rubbing issue you have is the offset not the rim width. At 8.5 in you

should be closer to 45mm.

• 4 months later...
last week i mounted a set of 225/40R/18 yokohama s-drive tires on a set of 18x8.5 wheels with an offset of 35 and they didnt rub on smooth pavement. but as asoon as i hit the slighest of bumps the rubbing was unbearable. i got all of 5 blocks away from the shop before i had to turn back. the rubbing caused the rubber molding on the rear passenger side to come off and disappear. i don't know if this will help you but its the experince i had. i will be ordering 18x7.5's to play it safe this time around. (i have not dropped my LGT yet, it is all stock)

You where rubbing with stock suspension? There are people with that same size wheel, lowered with no rubbing issues. Hmmm, the 7.5 wide wheels will definitely help that problem. Usually with a low offset you will want to increase camber for sure.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I agree,..

You need a 45 offset or go by the Tire /Rim FAQ,....There is someone that is running 35 offset but had to roll the fenders, changing suspension alignment, and running 225 tires...Looks good cause of the offset of the rim (concave look), but defeats running a wider rim not having a wider tire....

Rims and tires are flush with the body and doesnt stick out,...if it looks like that its just the angle of the pictures and I need an alignment,....Sorry I didnt take any straight forward or back.....

• 3 months later...

Bump for some pics? I am strongly leaning towards replacing my current summers with some 18x8.5 e48 G-Forces in Hypersilver. I live the flush look and near stock scrub radius, and that you can run a 245 and not have to go the stretched route like the low-30s offset owners. Did you ever install the center caps?

My car is lowered on Tarmac coilovers BTW, right now a -.4"/-.4" drop, soon to be -1"/-.15" drop.

Check all my Rota pics here (most of them)...I liked the looks, but overall they were heavy and it made a difference performance loss wise...

I got a great deal on some Volks RE30 with Falken 452 tires in 245/35/18s and its the perfect setup for me..

The Rotas didnt rub or anything, but I have Moto COs,..funny that the Advans did rub though on the inner plastic...

http://picasaweb.google.com/abakja1/Rota3?feat=directlink

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I ordered 18x8.5 Gforces in Hyper silver for my OBP 05 LGT and Potenza re760s in 235/40/18 and got mixed replies on the thread searches. Hopefully they will fit without rubbing issues on a lowered car with GPMoto CO.

You will be fine, I have almost the same set up. 18X8.5 SVN 235/40R18 RE01r's

lowered on Ohlins coilovers.

I have 18x8.5 +45 Gram Lights matched to Potenza re760s in 235/40/18 as well. My car is not lowered so hopefully they will not rub. Fender roll to be safe?

Archived