LegacyGT.com

Mazda MS2 / MPS2 2.5L Turbo 4wd

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

The title is wrong, Mazdaspeed2 is not going to be 2.5L turbo AWD, it's 1.5L turbo FWD. 2.5L turbo AWD goes with the Mazdaspeed6, which is smoking hot in this rendering.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_516/car_photo_258126_25.jpg

I'm surprised they're offering another Speed6 considering the first one flopped on it's face.

+1

I'm not sure this will make it to North America. Isn't the new generation of North American 6 different from the global model(rest of the world) ie. much bigger?

Also, the NA model is supposed to be getting a 3.7L V6 with +270 HP?

That would be a very hard model to market in North America. If it were to ever come out here.

ms2 made me puke in my mouth. and to bad the ms6 is fwd bias

History does not entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid

People sleep peacefully at night cause rough men stand ready to do violence on there behalf

I'm surprised they're offering another Speed6 considering the first one flopped on it's face.

And that they apparently didn't learn from the last car's crappy intercooler setup. A ducted TMIC is the worst of the worst.

Maybe they've plumbed a side mount IC on the new version.

And that they apparently didn't learn from the last car's crappy intercooler setup. A ducted TMIC is the worst of the worst.

Maybe they've plumbed a side mount IC on the new version.

dunno... Wasn't the last engine 2.3L?

Maybe the change around things in this newer bigger displacement engine.

The MZR Turbo DISI engine is growing in displacement from 2.3 liters to 2.5 liters. It will also be rebadged as "EcoBoost" for some Ford applications.

The Duratech 35 engine is about the same deal, which grew to 3.7 liters for the Mazda CUVs, and the MKS Lincoln Sedan, and will also get twin turbos and direct injection for "EcoBoost" treatment.

I read that the MS6 would not come here...and be a Euro/Japanese exclusive. Makes sense considering it flopped here and the design changes. Then again, if they actually gave the tail pipes real tips, it probably would have sold better here :)

It's a shame, but not unexpected. The more turbo, AWD sports sedan the better, especially one that would also come in hatch and wagon form.

Hate to say it, but any new Mazdaspeed6 is the US market will need an automatic transmission option.

Older audience versus the MS3, and more likely to want a GT-type car that can serve multiple roles/multiple drivers which all points to an automatic for a majority of buyers.

^ Most people want auto anyways because they can't or refuse to drive stick.

I think the MS6 would be a manual though because even with the "older" crowd, when you are able to purchase the "fast" version of a car, you are performance minded and know that stick is better than auto. For instance...the S4 vs. A4 buyer, the M3 vs. 3 series buyers, etc...

I would think that the ratio people driving stick vs. auto is lower in the A4 crowd vs. the S4 crowd. Enough to justify making a manual model.

Archived