LegacyGT.com

Subaru planning another S402

SlightlyEvil

omfg....there might be a S402 wagon! although they should've made a S402 for the 04 JDM/05 USDM series legacy so we'd get the S403 now. but oh well, at least something is coming up this/next year.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just begging the admin's pardon, no insult intended...

but how is this not Subaru News? (which is why a duplicate thread was started and closed in that forum) This isn't a website-pertinent announcement, like a graphics or software, or format change for the site itself.

This is a Subaru product, and I would normally look in Subaru News and Rumors to find this, and where it was when I posted previously.

The Legacy Concept S thread as well should be in Subaru News. The other threads in the Site Announcements forum seem appropriately located, about website-related topics, and website related products, not Subaru automotive products.

Again, don't mean to upset anyone, I just have to ask about the classification system.

can someone translate the following paragraph?

レガシィのS402が5月中旬には発売らしいけど、最高出力285PS/rpm、最大トルク40kg・m/rpmって…。折角2.5Lエンジン積んでバラ ンスどりまでするんだから350PS/rpmぐらい欲しい!!何のためにSIドライブつんでるんだよ…。SIドライブがあれば使い勝手と両立できるでしょ うに…。そうそう、値段は535万円。6ポッドだけでも100万するとはいえ高くないか(このスペックで)?ポルシェ買えるぞw出力だけがすべてとは言わ んが、この程度の性能ならニュルで走らなくてもいいんではないかと。

This Space For Rent

レガシィのS402が5月中旬には発売らしいけど、最高出力285PS/rpm、最大トルク40kg・m/rpmって…。折角2.5Lエンジン積んでバラ ンスどりまでするんだから350PS/rpmぐらい欲しい!!何のためにSIドライブつんでるんだよ…。SIドライブがあれば使い勝手と両立できるでしょ うに…。そうそう、値段は535万円。6ポッドだけでも100万するとはいえ高くないか(このスペックで)?ポルシェ買えるぞw出力だけがすべてとは言わ んが、この程度の性能ならニュルで走らなくてもいいんではないかと。

It says (according to the Excite Japanese translator):

S402 of Regashi is : of max power 285PS/rpm and max torque 40kg・m/rpm in the middle of May though it seems to be a sale …. It wants you ..2.5L engine.. to pile up with much trouble like 350PS/rpm because balance and. SI drive why is piled up …. If there is SI drive it coexists and being likely to make it to convenience …. The price is 5.35 million yen so often. Isn't it high even though one million is done only by as many as six Pod (With this spec) Can can ? Porsche purchase w output alone not start with Nul all in case of such a performance though doesn't say?

Babelfish:

However S402 of レガシィ sale seems in the middle of May, the highest output 285PS/rpm, the largest torque 40kg ・ m/rpm っ て.... The time angular 2.5L engine stacking, it does to the balance ど り, therefore it is, about 350PS/rpm we want! ! SI drive stacking because some, the る it is.... If there is SI drive, you use and can be compatible with the selfishness being it does, the ょ sea urchin.... So so, price 535 ten thousand Yen. 100 ten thousand it does with say even just 6 pods it is not high or (with these specifications)? Porsche you can buy, if just w output is everything the word わ, this efficiency, it does not run with ニュル and whether either the て is not is to call, that.

Regashi is how you pronounce Legacy in Japanese, so, S402 of Legacy has max power of 285 PS (281.1 hp), torque of 40 kg/m (not sure of lb/ft.), 2.5 liter engine.

Sounds like they're wanting 350 PS (345.12 hp) (I'd love that too!).

Price: 5.35 million Yen = $50,987.14 US Dollars

Holy Crap thats a bad translation.....I guess direct transation will lose the meaning somewhere...

Ok here it goes in a plain english....LOL

"The Legacy S402 is planned to be sold in Mid May. Why is it only 285PS Horsepower, 40kg・m/rpm? Using a 2.5L Engine with all internals balanced, I expect the Horsepower to be at least 350PS/rpm. Isn't that why they have the SI Drive?! Yea and the price of 5,350,000 Yen (Approximately $51,000)....... 6 Pod brakes will run you 1,000,000 Yen (Approximately $9500) but isn't the price too overrated? You can probably buy a porshe with this kinda price. With such spec on this legacy, it's probably not worth it to run it @ Nürburgring."

Yea this person wasn't too happy about the S402 and at the same time, probably does not know too much about the SI Drive also.

Not saying he's dumb or anything, I just did the translation as close as it can be without losing what he or she has stated.

Hope this helped. ;)

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/sterne6i/Fuji%20Speedway%202008/P1030981.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd126/sterne6i/Fuji%20Speedway%202008/P1030987.jpg

Plenty more pictures in this NASIOC thread.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1340182&page=14

'07 Forester STI (ECS Performance)..SOLD!

'09 Spec B...Sold!

'11 LGT Limited...Sold!

'17 STI Limited

The way I see it, a Legacy S402 or Legacy STI is one of those must-have vehicles that won't be affected much by gas prices.

Those who are worried about mileage wouldn't be looking at one, and those who want one won't care what the mileage is.

I, for one, would buy something like that if it were available, with my only concern being whether or not I could afford it. Having just bought a Tribeca, I can't afford an S402 right now, but give me a couple years and I'll be all over it.

I didnt mean due to gas prices i ment more twords the large marp up from the GT it is close to double the price of a GT and dont forget it will probably be a limited edition and there will be dealer mark ups cause its a rare car. its hot but still you can get a GT and mod it out bettter and still be paying less and making more power and better handling.

I didnt mean due to gas prices i ment more twords the large marp up from the GT it is close to double the price of a GT and dont forget it will probably be a limited edition and there will be dealer mark ups cause its a rare car. its hot but still you can get a GT and mod it out bettter and still be paying less and making more power and better handling.

When the GT Spec.B came out in 2006 in limited quantities, most dealerships near me were offering it at sticker and the ones that didn't sell right away were eventually discounted for a little bit off of sticker pricing. I am pretty sure an S402 or STi would be at the sticker price at all reputable dealerships because they respect their loyal customers. I would pick up an S402 at retail even if it was $40K just to have those upgrades and increased power in a warrantied package. Also, try and install an upgraded interior like the one in the S concept via the aftermarket.

Archived