LegacyGT.com

Getting rid of stutter for good?

CapnJack

Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm looking for a sure fire way to get rid of the stutter in my 07 LGT 5MT. I've had it to the dealer several times (most recently last Friday) and have every flash update they have to offer. The stutter remains. I've also noticed in S# mode that when taking off from a stop sign/ traffic light, the car will take off, then fall totally flat on its face about half way through the intersection, then take off again. I love this car, but the stutter is killing it for me. I've read all the posts and theories on this and I know people that have had the updates from SOA and the stutter goes away. Mine has not. To put it bluntly, I am willing to void my warranty to make this thing run right.

I've heard the Acessport makes it better, but doesn't completely fix it in all occurrences. I plan on purchasing one in the near future to see if it can, but I'm not holding my breath.

Can a reputable tuner make this go away? :confused:

I wouldn't count on the SOA updates to solve much... My stage 1 tune has eliminated the stutter in my 05 (which wasn't as bad as in your description of stutter), but some have reported the return of the stutter after reflash in certain cases. :iam:
My VB Garage... Pumping the air back into despair

Make sure you put 93 octane in it if available and then beat on it for like a month ( Full throttle acceleration 1st gear through 2nd ) a few times a day until the computer learns and eliminates the stutter. Worked for me!

Make sure you put 93 octane in it if available and then beat on it for like a month ( Full throttle acceleration 1st gear through 2nd ) a few times a day until the computer learns and eliminates the stutter. Worked for me!

This method works for me also, but as soon as I stopped beating on it, it went right back to how it was day 1.

I say just get an AP and go stage 1. Fixed it completely and it never came back and doesn't really matter how you drive it.

This method works for me also, but as soon as I stopped beating on it, it went right back to how it was day 1.

I say just get an AP and go stage 1. Fixed it completely and it never came back and doesn't really matter how you drive it.

I haven't had any stutter issues but From what ive read on here in the past few months the AP with a stg 1 will eliminate it pretty consistantly

Tried that! I've also tried to baby it and also tried moderate driving. No differance. It comes back eventually. 93 is all this car has seen since I owned it.

I haven't had any stutter issues but From what ive read on here in the past few months the AP with a stg 1 will eliminate it pretty consistantly

This is what I am hoping for!

Getting rid of stutter for good? Simple. Sell the car.

Not an option...

i still feel it ever so slightly with stage 2. i think the only way to fully get rid of it is to get rid of the vf-40

If that's what it takes, I will do that.

Thanks for everyone's input!

the stutter is a hole in the avcs mapping on the stock car

20 20 0 0 20 20 wont feel good....

Can you please explain the number sequence? :confused:

what mods are on the car

dave/mspt

The only mods I can think of and I wouldn't consider them mods...

DIY engine grounding kit

K&N drop in filter

What rpms are you guys experiencing this at? I feel some minor stuttering, familiar to a past turbo car owner, at 1500-2800 rpms. But it just feels like a turbo engine.

Joe

It happens between about 2500-4500 RPM under moderate to full throttle. Some days I would classify mine as minor, but other days I can notice a substantial twitch in the shift knob in the car when it's stuttering. To me that would indicate the engine/tranny rocking quite a bit as it's comming in an out of power.

It is the valve timing, 20 is the degrees of advance. The sequence is a representation of rpms.....

So basically what I'm feeling is 20 degrees, 20 degrees, 0 degrees, 0 degrees, 20 degrees, 20 degrees happening all in that time? (ie the stuttering feeling is the car adjusting to knock count under moderate acceleration?)

So basically what I'm feeling is 20 degrees, 20 degrees, 0 degrees, 0 degrees, 20 degrees, 20 degrees happening all in that time? (ie the stuttering feeling is the car adjusting to knock count under moderate acceleration?)

Yes, the studder feeling is the flucuation in the timing. In stock form the AVCS is not setup for performance, it is for emissions.

the stutter is a hole in the avcs mapping on the stock car

20 20 0 0 20 20 wont feel good....

True.....BTW, thanks Jon for a good tune. I found out that the clutch pedal "grunting" noise is something physical going on with the DP, like its hitting the transmission or something...it's not any internal stuff like you had suggested. I gotta look into it, but at least nothing is broken on my car :-)

Thanks guys! I guess my first step will be the Accessport and see how things go. Eventually I want to be at stage two with an AVO TMIC so I will probably speak to P&L in Chicago about getting in there for a pro tune of some sorts to clean everything up.

Archived