LegacyGT.com

Datalogging w/ Romraider/Enginuity???WTF?

TPLGT

So after 30 minutes of trying to connect again...I tihnk I was able to log. I would start the car and plug in the obdii and cable then start enginuity...the only way the parameters would show is if I shut the car off to the 'on/acc' position. Once done I could load the profile then start the car.

The progrma was constatnly tying to connect byut would not connect consistently...am I going crazy or is the program supposed to stay connected as I drive?

Anyway, I was able to get a few 3rd gears pulls using the defogger function...it would just start...go figure...

Here are a few logs...they may be a mess so my appolgoes in advance...

Rehab is for quitters.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So after 30 minutes of trying to connect again...I tihnk I was able to log. I would start the car and plug in the obdii and cable then start enginuity...the only way the parameters would show is if I shut the car off to the 'on/acc' position. Once done I could load the profile then start the car.

The progrma was constatnly tying to connect byut would not connect consistently...am I going crazy or is the program supposed to stay connected as I drive?

Anyway, I was able to get a few 3rd gears pulls using the defogger function...it would just start...go figure...

Here are a few logs...they may be a mess so my appolgoes in advance...

How many parameters are you trying to log? I notice that >14 parameters will cause intermittent ECU connection.

About 10...

I think I am going to stick to the following?

RPM

Load

Throttle position

Re. Pressure

Feul Correction

Fuel learning

Timing

Knock

Personally, from what other members have told me there is no need to log the Fuel Learning (A-D) during your runs. Just log it on a separate log/profile. Swap "Fuel learning" for A/F Sensor #1 and maybe get rid of Fuel Correction. Add FLKC and FBKC.

This is what I have in my profile (which is a few parameters too many):

1) A/F Sensor #1

2) Accelerator Pedal Angle (%)

3) Engine Load

4) Engine Speed

5) FBKC

6) FLKC

7) Ignition Timing Total

8) Knock Correction

9) Manifold Relative Pressure

10) Mass Air Flow

11) PWGDC

Parameters that I log that are superfluous:

1) Vehicle Speed

2) IAM (I'm removing this since mickeyd2005 told me about airboy's Learning Value utility).

3) IAT (I'm removing this parameter as well)

-Jim

My Tuner specifically asked for Fuel leanring and correction...I guess I will leave it in.

It deosn't seem like I am loggin too many parameters...I have no idea what is up...I certainly redo my profile and go from there...I tihnk I am done for the day.

Rehab is for quitters.

My Tuner specifically asked for Fuel leanring and correction...I guess I will leave it in.

It deosn't seem like I am loggin too many parameters...I have no idea what is up...I certainly redo my profile and go from there...I tihnk I am done for the day.

For fuel learning, are you logging A-D?

If so, I do recall that whenever I added A/F Learning A-D with the above parameters, I will receive intermittent ECU connection.

If you want to log A/F Learning do it on a separate log. No need to run the car, just switch the ignition to the "on" position and log it in your driveway, parking lot, garage, etc..

Intersting...I will try this. So the A/F leanring can mees things up? Alos, I can log A/F learning in idle?

Thanks a lot for all of this info...hopwfully it all helps.

Rehab is for quitters.

Intersting...I will try this. So the A/F leanring can mees things up? Alos, I can log A/F learning in idle?

Thanks a lot for all of this info...hopwfully it all helps.

A/F Learning (A-D) does make my ECU connection intermittent. I'm not sure how it is for other people, but for me it does. Same at idle (for me).

I think I may have an issue w/ the driver for the VAG COM cable. I have intermitent connectivity...most it doesn't connect. I posted over at Romraider and the Admin. said It maybe a buggy driver.

Did you guys have any issues w/ the driver?

Also, I am wondering if I DL'd the driver properly? when I extract it, I put it into the enginiuty.org folder....Is this correct?

Rehab is for quitters.

I just tried out that learningview thing, what an awesome tool!

so anyway, I have -1.4 flkc between 4000-4800rpms and 1.1-1.35 g/rev

I wouldn't touch it, that isn't much to worry about especially in that load area. Most likely will be gone the next time you check it. And yes the learning tool is very nice!

OK..So I just came in from trying...note trying to log AGAIN.

I can get enginuity to read the ECU while in the 'on' ( the program says qurying ECU) position but once I start it up, it says unable to read ECU, ensure cable is plugged in and ignition is on.

If I take the car out and open it up, the data will be read but then stop...this only under WOT. I have logged ONCE but it wasn't quite what I am in need of...

Any thoughts?

I am seriuosly pissed and really tired of trying everything! Thanks.

Rehab is for quitters.

Out of curiosity, but what years and build dates did the 5MT fan relay affect?

My brother in-law's car had a similar problem and it turned out his ECU + fan relay was the culprit. Romraider/Enginuity + VAG COM cable is nearly plug and play on a Windows based machine. There is probably something else awry. Perhaps it truly is a bad VAG COM cable?

^^Interesting...I e-mailed Autonostics..they bascially blamed it on 'user error'. I am no IT guru but this isn't rocket science...that is why I am confused this should be easy. They said the cables rarely fail.

I will check on the fan realy deal...I have an 06.

BTW, I just posted another thread in turbo powertrains. Let me know what you think, Jim.

TP

Rehab is for quitters.

^^Interesting...I e-mailed Autonostics..they bascially blamed it on 'user error'. I am no IT guru but this isn't rocket science...that is why I am confused this should be easy. They said the cables rarely fail.

I will check on the fan realy deal...I have an 06.

BTW, I just posted another thread in turbo powertrains. Let me know what you think, Jim.

TP

I just did a search, the Fan Relay Recall only hit the MY05 cars. I'm not a tuner, so I'll keep my mouth shut with regards to the map question you asked in the other thread.

Do you have an APv2?

Do you have access to a different laptop?

Yeah, I have the V2...another lap top...If I really needed to...why?

If you haven't done so already, it might be worth trying Enginuity + VAG COM on a different machine.

You can also log with the APv2 Dongle + ecuExplorer. The reason why I prefer Enginuity is for the extended parameters like FLKC and FBKC.

Archived