LegacyGT.com

Protein

BDII

So I have been on this high protein diet for the past couple days because i'm trying to gain some weight.

It's working out well..... but got dam have I got the worst smelling gas.

Is there anything I can eat with the protein to help neutralize the gas?

seriously... i'm stinking my self up in here....

I had to cancel a date tonight because I can't stop letting this noxious gas fly

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe you should try a different type of protein. What mix or whatever are you using at the moment and for what purpose? Are you just trying to gain weight or are you trying to get bigger?

Whey protien for size/bigger.

I know it works, I used it before and gained 25 lbs. Fortunately I was single at the time.....

I use in combination with Creatine.

I think he's using either PhilTshakes, or Ragizm brands :lol:

true, the heightizm shakes contain too much fruit to be high in protein :)

I would switch to Egg protein. Each protein is made up of an amino acid chain. The more complete the chain, the better it is for you because your body needs all parts of the chain to make it's own protein to build tissue. The best known source of protein (best defined as most complete amino acid chain) is egg protein. It's the top of the standard to which all other proteins are measured. So let's say that you have 10grams of whey and 10grams of egg protein. By weight they are the same, but the egg protein actually is better and will do more for you.

Beano!!!!!! At your local d-store!. Are you sure it is the diet?? You are full of a lot of hot air at times!:lol:
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

I would switch to Egg protein. Each protein is made up of an amino acid chain. The more complete the chain, the better it is for you because your body needs all parts of the chain to make it's own protein to build tissue. The best known source of protein (best defined as most complete amino acid chain) is egg protein. It's the top of the standard to which all other proteins are measured. So let's say that you have 10grams of whey and 10grams of egg protein. By weight they are the same, but the egg protein actually is better and will do more for you.

Protein from poultry is a simple protein and not ideal for weight gain. Whey protein has been proven to be far more effecient then poultry protein.

canned Tuna man. Each little can is stacked with protein.

Only 120 calories, but 30 grams of protein. 2 bucks.

Fish protein is second best to Whey protein. Unforntuanately I don not have a kitchen (my meals are all prepared by chefs) so the idea of having tuna in my suite is not appealing. I can however have a tuna sammich every day for lunch if I so choose :)

The protein that I am taking is formulated for body building and is waht is called "pre-digested proteins"

Basically it is protein that is broken down to a very fine level in order to absorb faster in your system.

Beano!!!!!! At your local d-store!. Are you sure it is the diet?? You are full of a lot of hot air at times!:lol:

You should try my protein shakes, you might like it :)

Only 120 calories, but 30 grams of protein. 2 bucks.

$2???!!! That's outrageous. They're 99cents/can :lol:

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Protein from poultry is a simple protein and not ideal for weight gain. Whey protein has been proven to be far more effecient then poultry protein.

Not even close. Protein from poultry is protein you get from eating chicken; egg protein is protein you get from eating eggs...it's two totally different sources of protein.

This comparison shows what I'm talking about. http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/protein/whey-protein-compare-5.htm

I'm a cross country and track runner for TCU. My athletic life is centered around recovering after a workout in time for the next workout. I eat eggs after every morning workout. In fact, I'm eating an omelet right now :wub:

$2???!!! That's outrageous. They're 99cents/can :lol:

I think he's talking about the larger cans of tuna. The smaller cans are about 99cents and only have 11 grams of protein and 50 calories.

He's right though, tuna is a great source of protein too. I do that for lunch sometimes on a sandwich with tomato soup to dunk in.

Not even close. Protein from poultry is protein you get from eating chicken; egg protein is protein you get from eating eggs...it's two totally different sources of protein.

This comparison shows what I'm talking about. http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/protein/whey-protein-compare-5.htm

I'm a cross country and track runner for TCU. My athletic life is centered around recovering after a workout in time for the next workout. I eat eggs after every morning workout. In fact, I'm eating an omelet right now :wub:

I guess I didn't expect someone with knowledge of protien to read that :lol:

yes, egg protein is good for you. I dont run track there for I am not burning a large amount of calories like you are. with the protein in eggs comes fat/cholesterol, and yes I am too lazy to remove the yolk. Egg protein is not nearly as effective as whey protein, I don't care what any study says.

Ask any body builder, Whey protein is the way to go.

too many eggs a week is really unhealthy. What is the Health Board recommendation? 4 a week max?

If anyone is eating a couple eggs a day, it's not a good thing.

Don't eat too much tuna either. Too much mercury.

too many eggs a week is really unhealthy. What is the Health Board recommendation? 4 a week max?

If anyone is eating a couple eggs a day, it's not a good thing.

Don't eat too much tuna either. Too much mercury.

Wow? Really eggs are bad for me? I eat 3 full eggs and 3 eggs without yolk a day! 6 eggs per day.

I know tuna will make you crazy if you eat to much.

If I cant eat eggs, where i am I going to get my protein?

Maryland's Suby friendly Realtor. My favorite suby shop:

http://www.IAGPerformance.com

Archived