LegacyGT.com

Protein

BDII

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
canned Tuna man. Each little can is stacked with protein.

Only 120 calories, but 30 grams of protein. 2 bucks.

Beat me to it. When I was younger and going to the gym regularly tuna fish all day the day before a workout was like superman! Tuna FTW man!

"Creatine" Helps you pass drug tests.:) Do not use if you have heart problems or are a diabetic!

To answer the original question listed in post # 1....drink more water and try to use alternate forms of protein intake. Meaning, not just the protein shake stuff. Tuna, eggs, meat, some beans etc.

Not gonna happen.

ever try to take in 200 grams of protein a day without a single whey protein?

Not gonna happen.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Depends... most Whey proteins you find at GNC (canada?) is all the same.

it's called pre-digested whet peptides.

Basically its Whey broken down to it's simpliest form for easier digestion.

Seb- just hit up a knowledgeabe staff member at GNC. Don't let them suck you in to their 'musty have multi-vits' story though... if you truly eat a healthy balanced diet, you don't need multi-vits. You'd just pee them out.

As for Go~Rilla: Dude, don't eat so many eggs a day! You'll die from an artery-clogged heart attack by 50.

Not gonna happen.

ever try to take in 200 grams of protein a day without a single whey protein?

Not gonna happen.

I said "not just whey protein" meaning replace some of those grams of protein with somethign other then whey. You can get away with about 80-100 grams from shakes, bars etc. and the rest from subsidizing your diet with the items I mentioned.

As for Go~Rilla: Dude, don't eat so many eggs a day! You'll die from an artery-clogged heart attack by 50.

Really? Even though I only eat 3 yolks? Today I ate no yolks because your scaring me. I know there is cholesterol, but I think egg whites are great for you with little to no cholesterol.

Maryland's Suby friendly Realtor. My favorite suby shop:

http://www.IAGPerformance.com

Really? Even though I only eat 3 yolks? Today I ate no yolks because your scaring me. I know there is cholesterol, but I think egg whites are great for you with little to no cholesterol.

I ate 10-12 eggs a day for a year. I only ate a yolk or two a day. My cholesterol is great. The Army checks it every year.

Rilla, this was the first website to pop up on google, when I typed in "recommended intake of eggs".

read up. http://food.ivillage.com/mainingredient/eggsdairy/0,,5x4,00.html

I thought this was common knowledge?

Well, maybe not... I had a public health nurse for a mother so I grew up on lots of health facts. The amount of pamphlets she gave to me as a teen was staggering.:lol:

BD, it sounds like you either have...

A) Lack of good Intestinal bacteria

B) Intaking to much protein at one time that your body cannot break down properly.

One solution is supplementing more Lactobacillus acidophilus into your diet plan either once or twice a day to balance out the flora in your system . You can eat yogurt which contains Lactobacillus, but in your situation I would recommend taking OTC pills which you can find at any drug store.

FYI - It takes about 2 days before you start seeing results (less gas).;)

My wife's balls are delicious.

BD, it sounds like you either have...

A) Lack of good Intestinal bacteria

B) Intaking to much protein at one time that your body cannot break down properly.

One solution is supplementing more Lactobacillus acidophilus into your diet plan either once or twice a day to balance out the flora in your system . You can eat yogurt which contains Lactobacillus, but in your situation I would recommend taking OTC pills which you can find at any drug store.

FYI - It takes about 2 days before you start seeing results (less gas).;)

40 posts, and finally a solid answer :)

Thank you sir!

I'll be having yogurt for breakfast from now on :)

i just read this whole thread and not 1 person knows what they are talking about :lol: whey protien is not the king of protiens. whey protien is a fast metabolizing protien. it's best to consume right after your work out has completed. whey protien has the same BV(biological value) as any other milk protien. you shouldn't take whey protien prior to bed, as it will completely metabolize with in 2 hours. casien protien should be taken prior to bed as it's metabolic rate last up to 8 hours. you should research BV of protiens to learn what's "best" example certain beef protiens have a BV of 120%. where as tofu has an average BV of 60-70. so 20g of tofu has about half the BV of beef. long story short. make natural foods your staple for protien and use the powders for what they're meant for.... supplements. take whey 2 hours prior to lifting and as soon as you finish. take a casien (milk) protien before bed. i have to ingest over 300g of protien daily. my food bill is insane :rolleyes:

and to the op. up your carb intake to gain lbs. your body will piss out the extra amminos it can't use. find out your bmr (basal metabolic rate) this the amount of calories needed to sustain your current weight. add 500 calories daily to that rate. 3500 calories is a pound. 500 per day x 7= 1 lb per week. adust daily intake if you feel 1 lb/week is to much. this formula is also what sum1 should use to lose body fat.

+1 on the yogurt. Get the plain fat free large 2 pint sizes. It's cheaper. It may take two weeks to notice the diff. Also Papaya juice is good for digestion as well. Or just get the acidophilus liquid and add a spoonful to each shake. Go to Calorie-count.com to calculate your weight goals for gaining or loosing... Good luck.

Why would you want a "night time" protein vs a whey protein after a workout?

Educate a total n00b here :lol:

o.k. canuck i will try and explain for you. being that whey can be digested within 2 hours, you would be starving your muscles for the remainder of your slumber. casein breaks down at a slower rate and keeps your muscles in a + nitrogen balance.

Archived