LegacyGT.com

Poll - 5EAT Problems

botbs

Let's share your experience on your 5EAT =)  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Let's share your experience on your 5EAT =)

• Stock – Stock 5EAT Failed, need a rebuild or warranty
    • Stage 1 – Stock 5EAT Failed, need a rebuild or warranty
    • Stage 2 – Stock5EAT Failed, need a rebuild or warranty
    • Stage 2+ – Stock 5EAT Failed, need a rebuild or warranty
    • Stock – Stock 5EAT Okay, yeah !
    • Stage 1 – Stock 5EAT Okay, yeah !
    • Stage 2 – Stock 5EAT Okay, yeah !
    • Stage 2+ – Stock 5EAT Okay, yeah !

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no slip HLS. At least not that I can tell. How do you know what my power levels are? ;)

I stalk you as much as possible, i :wub: your car. But on a serious note you posted them somewhere. I think you got almost 300 at the wheels, and without our automagics you prolly be at 300+. Since we have the same tranny setup, i'm watching you with great anticipation.

"I for one do not doubt you, dude. Your car is fast and an internet legend." -Gire

You know I have only posted my numbers once and it was at stage II. Then the "who's is bigger" crap started and it just went on and on. Then I just decided to put my worries to rest and go big. The only way anyone really knows is when they take a ride. Then reality sets in. I'm a modest person, I don't need to be stroked. I'll post my #'s when I sell the car.;)

• 5 months later...

Thread revival. Finally voted:

Stage 2 stock 5EAT, all OK.

The stock 5EAT held up to Stage 2 fine for almost a year and 10K miles:

Autospeed catless UP, stock turboback exhaust with gutted shorty DP, Perrin TMIC, crank pulley. Only mods on the tranny for these miles was a cooler and a RalliteK stiff mount.

I should note I ran a PDX e-tune map for almost the entire time which put out more power than Cobb's OTS STG2 (18.4PSI peak). Never liked how the tranny shifted near or at redline, it allowed for too much slip due to mushy shift points.

Now at close to 66K miles, just this past Friday, got the IPT VB in so I guess I'm "out of the run" since I'm no longer on a stock 5EAT.

Just sharing my experience

Well since this thread is alive again

It's been a long road for my 05 but

DB 18G 19.2psi

AVO FM

Cobb STI STG2 cams, anyone know if they still sale engine parts anymore, All the usefull engine stuff no longer show on their website.

SPT Exhaust version 2

Cobb DP

Tunned using the original Cobb street tuner program. IMO still the best one out there. Got to love that live tuning

Rallitek street tranny mount

117k miles and still ticking, no slip, but then again never powerbreak it either... never had to ;)

2005 Legacy GT Sedan - 5EAT

Modification: Borla catback, AP 93 octane with TDC e-tune, PDE up-pipe, Flow downpipe, AVO panel filter

Driving Habbits: There's an egg under my gas pedal!! Never been brake-launched (I may have 6K lying around, but there are better ways to spend it).

Transmission Status : Okay!

Current Millege: 31,000 miles

UPDATE

Current Mileage 45,000 (approx. 35,000 @ STG II)

5EAT: no problems

ok, I'm afraid to post up here for a few reasons, but here goes. I've been stage 2 for about 53,000 of 63,000 miles. I bought a tranny cooler in 2007 sometime, but never got around to installing it. I don't track or race or autocross. I'd say I drive somewhat conservative most of the time on the streets, a lot more active on the freeway. 5EAT seems ok, but I am going to install the tranny cooler soon. I also want to do the valve body. I'm just waiting for a sale....or raise.

• 3 months later...

05 w 75k miles; SPT intake, SPT Exhaust, & pro tune at 33k miles. Went to Syn Tran Fluid at 55k, never launched. Gets avg 21 mpg in suburban & rural commute (shows 22 on dash), no slip, and fun to drive. If i burn a tank at 65-70 MPH, get 25 mpg.

My 90' 4EAT died at 126k, replaced with Factory new, died again at 230k

• 4 weeks later...
05 LGT wagon, stage 1 since around 45K. Tranny pulled a P1844 code at 137K. Code is either due to bad wiring harness (not likely) or debris in the tranny. Still worked fined, but ended up replacing the tranny anyways.

• 3 months later...
I feel that posting here is actually going to jinx me but here goes. Protuned stage 2 and actually shifting smoother than it was with the Cobb OTS stage 1. Redline shifts were always fast but when dropping of the gas the shifts would stumble when running stage 1.:confused:

05 OBXt....engine is stock, 60,000 miles....drive like an old lady 90% of the time (trying to keep gas mileage up and speeding tickets down)....other time I drive hard....no problems at all...

Currently at 102,000 and change....still nary a problem....

uh lets see here since i haven't posted in here...

2007 (had just over 3 years now)

have about 42k miles over all

stage two with a custom tune (pushed to about 18.5 psi)

been stage two for about 15k miles maaaaaaaaybe 20k

mods more or less: turbo back exhaust, k&n panel filter, b&m tranny cooler, tune

stock transmission and no issues yet

Archived